What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Picture book. Young boy with a red pointy hat has wild unbelievable adventures, one involves a giant.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 3 comments Children’s story book-read about 8 years ago not sure when written. Young boy with a red pointy hat plays outside all day and comes home at dinner and tells his parents about his wild crazy unbelievable adventures . One was of a giant

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Moving to Unsolved.

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16164 comments Is this a picture book or a child's novel?

Can you describe more about the hat? Was it like a witch's hat or a beanie or a dunce cap?

message 4: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 3 comments My kids and I both feel the drawing of the boy reminded us of a little gnome. A gnome-ish hat.

message 5: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 3 comments Not a novel. I checked the books out of the library and they were divided up into small even in dimensions and short paperbacks maybe 6 - 8 of them. I could read them in about 15 minutes. I could see them all being compiled into a longer book. My recollection was the title was the name of the boy and then the thing that was in his adventure for each one. Like it would be his name and the giant for example.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Kristy, I added some plot details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

-- Can you describe the illustrations - e.g., simple or detailed, realistic or cartoon-like, painted watercolors or bold graphics, bright or dark colors, black & white? Do they remind you of a similar illustrator or picture book author?

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Southon | 1 comments I have found it, the book is called Tashi

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Link for Matthew's suggestion - Tashi or Tashi and the Giants by Anna Fienberg (I think)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tashi and the Giants (other topics)
Tashi (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anna Fienberg (other topics)