2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Group Discussions - Let's Chat! > Attention Fredrik Backman fans!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 711 comments In case you were not aware, Fredrik Backman's newest book,
Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
was just released on Tuesday, and he is currently doing a virtual book tour. Most of the dates have already passed, but there are a few still happening between now and September 16th. A couple of them have a small registration fee, the others are (I think) free to register. You may still be able to purchase an autographed copy of the book, depending on supply.

I joined his event today, and it was really interesting to hear him talk about his writing, and see his personality in real life. I highly recommend signing up for one of the remaining dates if you can.

Here's the link to the info you need:
https://www.fredrikbackmanbooks.com/e...

message 2: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4095 comments Thanks for sharing Claire!

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Mae (patriciaflair) | 116 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 127 comments Just started 'Brit Marie was Here'.

message 5: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 127 comments I have now finished 'Britt-Marie and I really enjoyed it.

message 6: by Karin (new)

Karin | 776 comments I have read every single novel and novella of his that has been translated into English. This one was not one of my favourites, although by the end I liked it at 3 stars.

message 7: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 127 comments I was not expecting to like it having read a number of reviews like yours but I was pleasantly surprised.

message 8: by Karin (last edited Jun 19, 2021 11:51AM) (new)

Karin | 776 comments Dorothy wrote: "I was not expecting to like it having read a number of reviews like yours but I was pleasantly surprised."

I can believe that as some of my reading friends liked it a great deal as well.