Addicted to YA discussion

Movies and TV Shows > Thoughts on Grishaverse netflix cast

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by seo eun (last edited Sep 10, 2020 07:30PM) (new)

seo eun Lee | 15 comments We all know Grishaverse is turning into a netflix show!
I'm so excited!!!
So, here are some cast that has been announced!
(Our beloved Nikolai is not in season1...)

Alina
: First, I was like "......Huh?"
but even I have NO idea how I imagined her.

Mal
: Ummmmm.. I don't know about him...

The Darkling
: LOVE HIM

Zoya
: Well, she's not my Zoya but..

[image error]

Genya
: .......Okay

David
: I've always pictured David as a skinny, nerdy , sweet boy.
I like him.

Baghra
: Love her.

We all know her, right?

Kaz
: PERFECT. He's THE Kaz Brekker.

Inej
: There's my Inej.

Jesper
: Not my Jesper. But I like him:)

Nina
: Oh my god, She's my waffle queen!

Matthias

Watch the cast's video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRh-P...

my link text">my link text

message 2: by tia (new)

tia (t_luvsreading) | 143 comments Oooo! It's so exciting but I'm like...PRAYING...they don't mess this up!

Avery (BabeOfBooks) (ladyofliterature13) | 37 comments AGREED! I have such high expectations, but since Leigh was so involved, I'm sure it's going to be great!

Also Freddy was so well cast as Kaz. He looks just like how I pictured him.

message 4: by tia (new)

tia (t_luvsreading) | 143 comments IKR!

message 5: by tia (new)

tia (t_luvsreading) | 143 comments I'm not so sure about Mal or Alina...but most of the cast is AMAZING and exactly how I pictured them!

Avery (BabeOfBooks) (ladyofliterature13) | 37 comments yeah! it'll be so great to see how it all plays out. I'm so excited to see Ben Barnes as the darkling.

message 7: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha (ay_es_ha) I love the cast, just not sure about Mal. As long as The Darkling is Ben Barnes and Kaz Brekker is Freddy Carter, I am completely happy. Also, I love Jesper, he's exactly how I imagined him.
I am more worried about the second season though, What if they cast Nikolai as someone who is not Blond????

message 8: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (lostinfics) | 143 comments ok that's not how i imagined Alina at all but she fits well i guess. LOVE The darkling actor. But not sure about Zoya, instead the girl who's playing Nina seems more like Zoya's character but i'm happy she's playing Nina. Kaz is fiiiiiine!

Ashi✿TheAvidReader | 474 comments Kaz is perfect, so is Inej! Exactly how I pictured them..... I'm not sure about Jasper... I'm sooo hyped about this

Ashi✿TheAvidReader | 474 comments And also, I've only read the first book– Shadow and Bone, but Darkling seems perfect.

message 11: by seo eun (new)

seo eun Lee | 15 comments Ayesha wrote: "I love the cast, just not sure about Mal. As long as The Darkling is Ben Barnes and Kaz Brekker is Freddy Carter, I am completely happy. Also, I love Jesper, he's exactly how I imagined him.
I am m..."

Oh my god. That would be a total disaster!!!
They'd better cast someone who is blond and very Nikolai-sh.
I mean it has to be someone who can be playful, but also sharp
and smart as hell.

message 12: by Erica (new)

Erica | 213 comments I'm not mad at any of the castings but that could change when I watch the series.

message 13: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha (ay_es_ha) seo eun wrote: "Ayesha wrote: "I love the cast, just not sure about Mal. As long as The Darkling is Ben Barnes and Kaz Brekker is Freddy Carter, I am completely happy. Also, I love Jesper, he's exactly how I imagi..."

Ikr....I cannot think of any actor who can pull that off!!!

message 14: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) Not feeling Matty as a ginger lol

The rest all seem to suit! And I'm super happy to see d'Artagnan among them :D I will watch him in anything.