Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Agent asking for a partial and need beta readers asap

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mimi (last edited Sep 10, 2020 03:30PM) (new)

Mimi Kuehn | 1 comments I need some beta readers asap! I just received a request for a 50-page partial manuscript from a literary agent and I hadn't expected to get positive responses for another few weeks. I know I should have already had beta readers read my book before querying but I thought I had a couple of months to work with. Thank you in advance!

My book is a YA fantasy about a wallflower turned witch, who is grappling to find her identity and coming to terms with what she is. Her worries of being an outcast are amplified when she learns that she is a descendant of a Chinese goddess.

Also, should I go ahead and send the agent what I have even without beta readers reading it? Or wait a few days to have some feedback from readers first? The agent has already read two chapters and synopsis of my book.

message 2: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 45 comments Mimi wrote: "I need some beta readers asap! I just received a request for a 50-page partial manuscript from a literary agent and I hadn't expected to get positive responses for another few weeks. I know I shoul..."

At this point, you really should just go ahead and send the partial. There's no guarantee you'll hear back from beta readers in time. For future reference though, please don't send your manuscript out before it's ready! Agents can sometimes tell and you'd be shooting yourself in the foot.