The Rebellious Readers discussion

School (UGH)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 132 (132 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Discuss the terrible tragedy of school. Mourn with me

message 2: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Is...is this the awkward moment where I realize that I'm the only one who's graduated high school?
Cause I
I'm a university student
I mean I guess I can complain about that, but in all honesty, after taking a break for a year, I'm pretty hyped

message 3: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments U lucky human.

message 4: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Most of us are suffering

message 5: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Oh don't worry, I will suffer. Just take the moment my boyfriend, who was already desperate to make some time to be with me a little, realized he doesn't have only two protocols left to write but five. He just sat there and started laughing all dead on the inside.

It...was a moment.

message 6: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Looks like the suffering never ends. Pretty sure society has doomed us all

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) For my school everything is virtual and I have so much work....yay me.

message 8: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Well, at least you learn early

(Real talk: I really enjoy uni much much more over high school. It's a lot more work, but you study mostly stuff you care about, you get to do more interesting projects, and paying attention and studying is your own responsibility and you do it on your own accord - plus, everyone around you is usually into at least some of the same stuff as you, much differently from school times, hhh)

daughterofathenacarli | 28 comments Uggggg mines virtual and i hate it

message 10: by Alaa ❀ (new)

Alaa ❀ (alaasa221) | 77 comments I haven’t even started yet and I’m so stressed dhwoxkiwmc

daughterofathenacarli | 28 comments Alaa wrote: "I haven’t even started yet and I’m so stressed dhwoxkiwmc"

Oh it's not hard don't worry it's just so boring

message 12: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison (certifiedkilljoy) I am homeschooled again. Now I don’t have to deal with people all morning and I hate the people at high school except for the group I sat with under the stairs at lunch. And my mom decided that I’m going to graduate a years early so I won’t have school in 2022/23 school year. And now I’m procrastinating and pretending to do school work so I won’t have to help with dinner.

message 13: by Yoana (new)

Yoana My school won't be virtual and I am starting after 4 days which is bad news for me. I hoped we'd start virtually because then I would watch netflix and do my stuff while the teacher babbles things I don't care about. Plus I'd be home. But now I have to pack my belongings and travel 500km to live in a stupid dorm with a roommate I sincerly despice and get tones of homework to occupy my only three hours of free time for the day. Also today I recieved the great news that my Math teacher, who I hate by the way, is the new headmaster of the school. So you'd all guess I'm really HAPPY about starting school!

message 14: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I’m doing face to face learning at school, and my holidays are coming up soon, so I’m looking forward to that since I’ll have more time to read then!

message 15: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) please don’t hate me but
SCHOOL IS HEAVEN ON EARTH

message 16: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I actually enjoy school as well! I think that’s because I go to a good high-school though. I remember hating primary school so much.

message 17: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Yeah what school you go to can make all the difference. Honestly, for me just which teacher I had alone made all the difference already, but in hindsight I really regret the high school I went to. Our principal didn't give a flying (reads group rules, remembers that you guys don't like swearing) hiccup about the students and spoke about some of them in such a disrespectful way that I just don't think that was ok. While I'm afraid the bullying might have been downright inescapable or even worse in other places, I feel like I could have avoided a lot of the frustration I had with the teaching staff by picking a different school. Though there's never a guarantee it would have been better either.

I did enjoy learning though, and I still do. University has probably been the best part of my life so far.

message 18: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments Yeah, I do enjoy learning as well, but like you said the people and teachers really do make a difference to your overall school experience.

message 19: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (last edited Sep 13, 2020 04:19AM) (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments i start school tomorrow and at my school we are 20 kids in my class. and the school decided that 1 week will go 10 kids and the 2nd week will go the other 10. i'm in the first group, and i'm a little bit stressed about how this will work. but if i don't like it at school, my parents can tell the school and i can continue the year online and only come to school for tests

message 20: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments That's so different from how my school do it. The way it works for me is that we're all in different "bubbles", so one year/grade never interacts with another year/grade. So Year 7 has the Main Block and science playground, and Year 11 has the science block and the basketball courts, etc. In the places where we mix like the canteen and the buses, we have to wear masks. There is also a one-way system in place. But luckily I have really nice teachers, which makes all the difference.

message 21: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Okay so I'm currently researching for a project. Can anyone help me how can the community/ government respond to the pandemic using science? I'll really appreciate that if anyone could help :)

message 22: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Well, if you could answer that question, you'd probably be in the government and not in school :P but as far as I know, the major science involved in this is mathematics, more specifically statistics. From the data they get from virologists they can calculate which measures statistically lower risks most effectively, and economical mathematicians can also calculate the impact on the economy these things will have and what kind of measures need to be taken for basically not everyone turning out poor.

message 23: by Em (new)

Em | 3 comments I am in college and all virtual but it is all self-taught, ugh. My professors just give us work to do then don't even meet for class. My one professor has cancelled class for the last two weeks then my other goes over the homework then calls it a day. Everything has been easy but just SO MUCH busy work. I read during class last night so I can't totally complain!

message 24: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments god, it hadn't even been too weeks since school started for me and i am already tired.

the_bizarre_bibliophile (the_bizarre-bibliophile) | 42 comments I’m so sorry I haven’t been active! I actually just started school! I’ve been packed with homework! But I’ll try to stay more active!

message 26: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Kateoe wrote: "I’m so sorry I haven’t been active! I actually just started school! I’ve been packed with homework! But I’ll try to stay more active!"

Don't worry about it! It's perfectly ok :)

message 27: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Lucy Tonks wrote: "god, it hadn't even been too weeks since school started for me and i am already tired."

It's been 3 for me, and I am EXHAUSTED!

message 28: by Ava (new)

Ava (avatheadventurousreader) | 60 comments It's been five for me. They will only let us walk in one direction in the halls, so if you want to go to the classroom next door, they'll make you go around:(

My legs are going to be so strong after this

message 29: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Yeah I get that. Me too. It sucks and I have to climb 4 stairs just to get to my class :(

message 30: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments There are so many stairs at my school too, and going up the stairs everyday is so tiring. But my school holidays have just started today, so I’m really happy now! :)

message 31: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments Ava wrote: "It's been five for me. They will only let us walk in one direction in the halls, so if you want to go to the classroom next door, they'll make you go around:(

My legs are going to be so strong af..."

that sucks! at my school, luckily, they assigned a room to every class. so we don"t have to move around the school. and every grade has their floor. for example my grade is on the 3rd floor.

message 32: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) In my school it was normal to have vast most of your classes in homeroom and only stuff where you needed specific rooms (like gym or biology lab) would take place in those. However, it was too small to house all the grades, so in my last year, I had to move around all the time. This sucked inherently, but also, we had some classes in wildly unfitting room, like...I think we had maths in the biology lab? And that in the most stressful final year.

Yeah, my high school wasn't that great....in hindsight I wished I'd gone to a different one.

message 33: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Ava wrote: "It's been five for me. They will only let us walk in one direction in the halls, so if you want to go to the classroom next door, they'll make you go around:(

My legs are going to be so strong af..."

Same, and it's horrible because I'm nearly late for lessons ALL THE TIME. Who knows what it will be like when they let me go around the rest of the school since I'm only allowed in one section

message 34: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 1 comments that's how my school's doing it! Luckily, we got the library block >:3
but we can only go in on Thursdays which sucks, I need to return a book too.. lmao

message 35: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments I'm very lucky in the terms of the library too! Only Year 7s and Year 12s are allowed in, and I'm a year 7!

message 36: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Our library is completely SHUT DOWN. And tbh I've read almost every book they have there so it wasn't a huge loss.

message 37: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments i never really used the library at my school. only bc i read most of the books they have already tbh. i'm not even sure if it's opened or not. tho i don't think it is.

message 38: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments I don't really have that problem, since the library at my school is HUGE

message 39: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) I should probably use my library privileges more, lol. Throughout my last years I think I was so stressed out from lectures alone, I guess I didnt want to do any scientific reading?

message 40: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) Quick rant about school:

Ok on the first few days o was super excited to be back after six months. I was so happy but now I’ve got no time to read or do anything except school homework and sleep. I’m so tired all the time and our friend group has gotten ridiculously big, which is good for me but super tiring since you have to yell to be heard. The work is also a lot more difficult and since they don’t really cut us that much slack because we’ve already been in this school for a few years, you can’t make mistakes in terms of books you take in, being late to lessons or anything like that and it’s just UGH

message 41: by Aken (new)

Aken Shirek | 1 comments I just finished my term test!!!!YAAAY! I hape approximately 14 hours to have fun and then I have to start studying for the NEXT one because it is apparently starting on November. Someone help!!!

message 42: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (last edited Oct 04, 2020 12:29AM) (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments i have my first big exams of the year in 3 weeks and god i am so stressed. it doesn't really matter what mark we get in this exam (this is more to see at what level we are) since this is only to prepare us for the exam that we have at the end of the year, but i am still really stressed out. i have one at math (i am not worring about it since i am very good at math) and i have on at my native language (and i am worring about this one, but i cannot really explain why)

message 43: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) With languages, I think they are the easiest to revise for. What format is your test in? If it’s writing an essay or something, write a practice one beforehand. That way you can check any words you’re not sure of and have a baseline for the topics you’ll cover.

message 44: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments at languages, i am romanian, we have to learn how to correctly, comment on a text (idk if that makes sense but that's what we do) and we have to learn a lot when it comes to nouns, verbs, adverbs and other stuff. i spend more time learning for romanian class then for maths.

message 45: by 🌬 (new)

🌬 (bookempty) | 8 comments Bumbling Bookworm wrote: "Quick rant about school:

Ok on the first few days o was super excited to be back after six months. I was so happy but now I’ve got no time to read or do anything except school homework and sleep. ..."

oh no, that sounds stressful :( good luck, I hope things get easier!!

message 46: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) @Lucy Tonks wow, Romania sounds cool! Which language are you learning? (If it’s Romanian I’m sorry I have zero geographical knowledge lmao)

message 47: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) So turns out trying to do the first semester of three different programs at once is actually kind of stressful

message 48: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) oof lmao

message 49: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments @Bumbling Bookworm yeah romanian. but at my school i also learn english (obviously), and i also have turkish (i go to a private turkish school) and french classes. and i can speak english and romanian fluently.

next week we have exams at romanian and maths :( and i really want them to be over already. i've been so stressed in the last few days :/ but there are chances that we will end up not having the exams and the schools will be closed down since we've had a lot of coronavirus cases in the past couple of weeks.

message 50: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Exams are the WORST. I have a small exam in almost every subject, and on top of that, I have this thing called a CAT test? Its to see how good u r at stuff and how your brain works.

« previous 1 3