Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Not able to link books to my author name

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Gay | 5 comments The following books exist on Goodreads. The only option that I see is to add a "new book." I am not seeing a tab to allow me to link books to my author name without creating a new book. Please help me link these books to my author page and respective series.

ASIN: B0891R6YD5 and ASIN: B08925GVJF and ASIN: B0891TMZJ8

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17200 comments I have moved the books to your profile.
Only librarians can make these edits.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17200 comments Are your Christmas romances linked in any way via characters or story?

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Sarah wrote: "The following books exist on Goodreads. The only option that I see is to add a "new book." I am not seeing a tab to allow me to link books to my author name without creating a new book. Please help..."

Goodreads disambiguates authors of the same name with spaces before the last name.

Your author profile is Sarah^^Gay where the ^ equals a space.
Once an ASIN or ISBN is attached to the default profile, a librarian can move it for you, but you will not be able to do it yourself.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Gay | 5 comments Scott wrote: "Are your Christmas romances linked in any way via characters or story?"

The two Park City Firefighter Christmas books do have shared characters and events but not the other Christmas books.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Gay | 5 comments Scott wrote: "I have moved the books to your profile.
Only librarians can make these edits."

Thanks!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Gay | 5 comments Suzi wrote: "Sarah wrote: "The following books exist on Goodreads. The only option that I see is to add a "new book." I am not seeing a tab to allow me to link books to my author name without creating a new boo..."

Suzi, Can I do something, ie remove the spaces for the system to automatically categorize it correctly?

message 8: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Sarah wrote: "Suzi wrote: "Sarah wrote: "The following books exist on Goodreads. The only option that I see is to add a "new book." I am not seeing a tab to allow me to link books to my author name without creat..."

No. The spaces are systemic and define your profile. If you remove the spaces it will go to the default author profile. Editing your own author profile creates cascading problems.

You can create a book before it automatically imports to go on your profile, or ask in this forum. It is a really quick thing to correct.
It helps when you ask to mention that your profile has 2 spaces.

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17200 comments Sarah wrote: "The two Park City Firefighter Christmas books do have shared characters and events but not the other Christmas books."

Ok. Series deleted.