Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Season
This topic is about The Season
Buddy Reads > Laura & Jans - The Season, starting 12th September 2020

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Sep 10, 2020 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments The Season by Sarah MacLean

Chapters 24, so how many would like read a day.

Want to speed read for weekend half each day, or go 5 or 10 a day?

message 2: by J (new) - added it

J | 263 comments Speed read may be??

message 3: by J (new) - added it

J | 263 comments On second thought, considering today is sunday, maybe we will do half today? And 5 chapter everyday???

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments Yeah i was thinking speed read on this one, so shall do 12 today and then 6 monday and 6 tuesday?

message 5: by J (new) - added it

J | 263 comments Yup

message 6: by J (new) - added it

J | 263 comments That will do

message 7: by Laura (last edited Sep 12, 2020 11:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments Sweet, i look forward to it 😊

message 8: by J (last edited Sep 13, 2020 04:48AM) (new) - added it

J | 263 comments I am warning you, Laura. There is a lot of ramble inside. :)
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Laura (last edited Sep 13, 2020 03:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments Oh awesome, i ramble too. So its a fun read 😊

Also i missed this had a prologue so i don't know how much you read too, but heres my thoughts so far.

Prologue till end ch 11
(view spoiler)

message 10: by J (new) - added it

J | 263 comments On second thoughts, after you mentioned how the girls were actually interesting, I think I rushed to those judgments.

Ella and Vivi are different and yeah, their conversations were interesting, considering their banters spiced up the whole process of reading. Maybe I want them to have more layers like Alex because I know they have humor but feelings and emotions are very lightly brushed.

But I do agree, the girls' chatters brought out smile to my face.

And yeah, I too think Vivi is doing something secret with Alex's brothers. But being a sole heir, I think it would be fitting if she fell for Kit. But the moment in ball sure does raises brows with Will. I want more from them too.

message 11: by Laura (last edited Feb 20, 2021 04:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments Oh i agree, they could be more developed and i kind of wish the book has been done with multiple povs of the girls as would have been interesting to see their perspectives. But yeah they dont have same opportunity to shine as Alex sadly...

Now you mention it that makes sense, kit probably be more fitting. But i do hope/see more Will as i kind of love that she has bit more freedom. Then the others in that her Dad is all about love and not worried about marriage. Also i think mentioned she has Twin Sebastian who is the heir? So she is secondary anyway, be good fit with Will who already has his own title. If remember right or he will be the next in line...

message 12: by Laura (last edited Sep 15, 2020 08:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments I didn't get chance to read yesterday, im finishing book for amazing race today but then im hopefully catch up next 6 chapters or try to finish. Depending how quick i am 😂

message 13: by J (new) - added it

J | 263 comments no problem. I am still reading too. I think I am in the 13 th chapter.

message 14: by Laura (last edited Feb 20, 2021 04:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments Just finished ch 15, im enjoying a lot more then expected and find rather easy reading. The development and pacing is great, slow burn feels and lots of entertaining scenes.

(view spoiler)

message 15: by J (new) - added it

J | 263 comments chapter 13-18:

(view spoiler)

Actually, I forgot to notice that Sebastian was present. In which case, I agree that Will would be a sweet surprise, although, I literally want to see some moments for Vivi and Ella, with their partners.

message 16: by J (new) - added it

J | 263 comments Chapter 19-24:

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Laura (last edited Feb 20, 2021 04:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments Ch 15 to end ch 20

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Laura (last edited Feb 20, 2021 04:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments Ch 21 to end ch 24

(view spoiler)

message 19: by J (new) - added it

J | 263 comments Awesome Laura. The banter truly made me smile most of the time. I should agree that I enjoyed reading the story. Something was there to keep me reading. Probably, the girls' friendship.

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1745 comments Sweet Jans, im glad you enjoyed it too. Thanks for reading with me, yeah same 😊

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Season (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah MacLean (other topics)