dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vinda (new)

Vinda | 5 comments Anyone reading this?

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Gorman | 2 comments Hi Vinda, I just started reading it. -Heather

message 3: by Vinda (new)

Vinda | 5 comments oh great! me too!

message 4: by L (new)

L (lauriebw) I’m waiting on the hold list for it. Can hardly wait to get it!

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Roth | 6 comments I read it in July...really enjoyed it.

message 6: by Vinda (new)

Vinda | 5 comments what a good read!! We all have hidden parts of our lives!

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Roth | 6 comments Vinda wrote: "what a good read!! We all have hidden parts of our lives!"

So glad you didn’t have to wait too long, and you enjoyed it.

message 8: by Vinda (new)

Vinda | 5 comments have you seen this new one by the same author? Girls of Brackenhill: A Thriller

message 9: by Debbie (last edited Oct 02, 2020 10:09AM) (new)

Debbie Roth | 6 comments Vinda wrote: "have you seen this new one by the same author? Girls of Brackenhill: A Thriller"
Vinda, did you read it and like it? I’ve not read it yet, but see it’s an Amazon Prime First Reads selection for October, since it doesn’t release until Nov 1. Author Kate Moretti also wrote The Vanishing Year, and seems to be a writer of Gothic and Thrillers. I’ve not read any of her books yet, but may pick it as one of my two selections this month if you liked it, or one of her other books. I read Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia earlier this year and enjoyed it (SPL has the audiobook which with a current hold wait of 55 days). The book Vanishing Half, the topic of discussion here, was written by Brit Bennett, and your comment above, “We all have hidden parts of our lives,” would be accurate to say about The Vanishing Half, as choices are made to repress the past to live a better life, keeping secrets even from close family. Choosing the path of least resistance can take a toll, as fear of secrets being discovered weighs heavily on the human heart.

message 10: by Vinda (new)

Vinda | 5 comments oh my! I must have misread. I thought she wrote a second book. I better take a second look!!