What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Non Fiction Memoir about living a simple life

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1 comments I read this book in the early to mid 1990's. The author was a married woman, no children who lived in New York City. She and her husband wanted to shed their possessions and move to her hometown of Vancouver, British Columbia. The book was about their process, probably covered a year or so time frame. Both were college professors. But did not teach at prominent university. She taught writing and also hosted a woman's writing group in her apartment. The book chronicles her efforts at trying to save money and get rid of stuff so they could move. (they were successful in moving). They did not have a car, she would make batches of soup on the weekends and sew colorful skirts. I had a paperback copy (not sure if it was ever in hardback) and it had a blue-ish cover. The words "simple" "life" or variations of those were in the title.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
It reminds me of Wanda Urbanska, who was a writer, however she and her husband moved to a farm in Virginia. So apparently their book "Simple Living" is not your book. I believe they turned it into a TV show.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Linda, that's a good start. Copy plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Wanda Urbanska (other topics)