Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Beta readers and sensitivity reader for 75K genre bent literary fiction

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Warren | 3 comments Hi everyone,

I’m looking for three beta readers for my novel. It’ll be ready in roughly two weeks.

I also need two sensitivity readers for mental disability (the book mainly focuses one bipolar but does dip into anxiety and depression).

message 2: by Marta (new)

Marta :} | 52 comments Hi Jaclyn,

I would love to beta read for you and while I can't offer sensitivity reading for mental disability - I have a Bachelor in Psychology and I have knowledge when it comes to bipolar, anxiety and depression.
I offer general feedback on plot, characters, inaccuracies, any possible areas of improvement, initial reactions (my reactions as I read your book - my feelings and thoughts on particular scenes) and notes on the manuscript. Optionally, I ask authors to send me a list of questions if they are concerned about specific themes.
I charge 1 Euro per 1000 words and I offer a two weeks turnaround, you can check more details about my service here (including testimonials): https://thecursedbooks.wordpress.com/...
You can contact me at marta_antonella@yahoo.com if you're interested.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Marta

message 3: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Ghaffar | 130 comments Hi Jaclyn,
I would love to beta read for you. My mother has bipolar disorder and I deal with depression and anxiety so I could be your sensitivity reader for this. I also have extensive experience with beta reading. My website has more information about my beta reading and testimonials. whatayeshareads.blogspot.com/p/beta-r.... I charge $.50 per 1000 words.

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 110 comments Hi Jaclyn,
I sent you a PM.
Have a great day!

Tina

message 5: by Wentzel (new)

Wentzel Lombard | 35 comments Hi Jaclyn. I have bipolar disorder. Here is the link to my website: https://papercutsblogcom.wordpress.co...

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber | 5 comments Hi Jaclyn, I'm a beta reader and sensitivity reader. I can't read for bipolar disorder, but I can read for anxiety. I have a BA in creative writing and a lot of experience giving feedback to fellow writers on their work. My website is www.amberlanebortell.com if you are interested.

message 7: by Gabby (last edited Sep 11, 2020 04:07AM) (new)

Gabby (gabbycd) | 85 comments Hi Jaclyn,
I sent you a message. Thanks!
Gabby

message 8: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 7 comments I messaged you.

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara  (goodreadscomliterarybird29) | 23 comments Hi Jaclyn,

I would love to beta read for you. I have been a professional beta reader since 2016 and I have a Master's degree as well as time spent in the publishing industry.

If you are interested feel free to talk a look at my website: https://thewritersward.wordpress.com/...

Email me at saraelise029@gmail.com if you are interested!

Thanks,

Sara

message 10: by Shalu (new)

Shalu Gupta | 37 comments Jaclyn wrote: "Hi everyone,

I’m looking for three beta readers for my novel. It’ll be ready in roughly two weeks.

I also need two sensitivity readers for mental disability (the book mainly focuses one bipolar..."

Hi,

I can help with sensitivity reading. Lets connect.

message 11: by BookWhispers (new)

BookWhispers | 46 comments Hello :)

I am available :) I have been working as a free beta reader and also as a developmental editor for some time. I am sure I can help you with your work and make it shine. You can expect a positive and encouraging attitude from me. Even if there can be a lot of to fix in your novel, I believe polite and constructive feedback is always better than rude comments.

You can check out my services here, we can surely agree on a custom offer :)

https://www.fiverr.com/bookwhispers?u...

message 12: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle (bellie82) Hi ,

I am definitely interested in helping you out. I alpha and beta read for various authors in different genres. I provide honest and polite feedback with suggestions and overall view of the story.
I have personal experience with anxiety and depression so i can offer feedback on those thoughts and feelings.
Pls contact me for further questions and information on dweerdi@gmail.com
Thank you

message 13: by Mikhaila (new)

Mikhaila | 5 comments Hi Jaclyn,
If you are still looking for a beta reader, please let me know. I am an experienced beta reader with a Bachelor's Degree in English Rhetoric and am also, someone with an in depth knowledge of depression.

What I offer is as follows:

-An honest, in depth review of your writing, i.e what works and what does not. 

-In depth suggestions on how to improve issues with dialogue, wording, story structure and plot points. All of which will be provided to you through a word document.

-I also offer brainstorming sessions through email or discord if you are interested. These are provided at no extra cost.

I charge $2 per 1000 words through PayPal or e transfer. 

message 14: by Esther (last edited Nov 16, 2020 12:22PM) (new)

Esther (estherarenal) | 16 comments Hi, I would love to beta your book! I am finishing my Psychology degree so I can deliver the best feedback on mental health issues. Not only I will provide you with detailed feedback but I will be your copy and developmental editor, meaning that while I will provide you with an extensive critique, I will also give you different pathways in order to improve.

You will get:

- Impressions on the first chapter and hook of the first line.
- Initial reader reactions.
- Feedback on character arc, the cohesiveness of plot, worldbuilding, pacing, and tone.
- I will also correct general grammar and spelling errors.
- Ensure the text has the best readability

My feedback PDF usually consists of these sections:
- Small overall review
- First chapter
- Characters
- Relationships
- Dialogue
- Setting and world-building
- Plot and pacing
- Overall
- Resources

In terms of software, we will work to use one that fits us both. If you have a questionnaire, I will work with it instead of a full critique. In terms of price, it depends on the number of words: up to 50k words it would be 40$ (deliver in 10 days), and up to 100k words it would be 90$ (deliver in 15 days) but if you can't afford it we can work something out!

If you are not sure if your work fits me or want feedback on things I did not mention do not hesitate to message me here or email me at esarenal99@gmail.com (also I can provide reviews of past clients). I will gladly answer any questions you have. Have a great day and hope you find what you are looking for!