The Rebellious Readers discussion

Series > The Lunar Chronicles

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) Here we can talk about The Lunar Chronicles!
How many of you have read all of them? :)
They are my favorites!!

message 2: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Cinder just so happens to be this month's read in another GR group of mine. I'm hardly far enough in to make any judgements yet though!

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) Yay! Hope you enjoy it!!

message 4: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I loved this series! It’s such a great sci-fi retelling of classic fairy tales!

message 5: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitlynreadskaitlyn) | 31 comments I finished Scarlet (book 2) a little bit ago and loved it!

message 6: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) Isn’t it? I won’t see any other Disney Princess retelling the same way as the Lunar Chronicles!

And yay I’m so excited for you!!

message 7: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) So I'm honestly really enjoying the book so far. I kinda expected something mediocre that I'd read anyway because of my weakness for fairy tale retellings, so this is a happy surprise. It really helps that this book avoids a lot of the things that tend to bother me. Kai is a respectable dude, I don't mind him, and Cinder has her priorities straight instead of fawning over some hot guy when she has more important things to worry about (soooo many books do that and it always makes me angry!)

Might pick up the rest of the series too once I have my library card, I mean, "hacker Rapunzel in a satellite" is pretty irresistible.

message 8: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I’d highly recommend continuing the series, it’s definitely worth it!

message 9: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) Completely! And yes!! Raspy zeal was always m favorite and most relatable Disney Princess so I was VERY excited for Cress. And I’ll tell you she did not fail😊 Cress is one of my favorite characters! Along with Thorne!

message 10: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) I loved Fairest, but I wasn't a big fan of Cinder. I have yet to read Scarlet. Let's hope I enjoy it :)

message 11: by human (new)

human (that0nefangirl) BEST. SCI-FI. SERIES. EVER!!
I love these books so much I can't.

message 12: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) this is my favorite series of all time! I loved everyone in it, though I hated that the couples were all straight.

message 13: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) I completely forgot we had a channel for this series. I really enjoyed Cinder! Loved how Cinder is a no nonsense protagonist and doesn't daydream about romance or sparkly balls when she has more important things to take care of. Just the ending left me a bit unsatisfied, but I think that'll get better once I read the next book (;

also i love cress with all my heart she's only appeared for two pages but i'm ready to adopt my new hacker daughter in a satellite

message 14: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) Katie (The Storybook Sisters) wrote: "this is my favorite series of all time! I loved everyone in it, though I hated that the couples were all straight."

I don't hate it per se, but it would have been awesome if one of the main girls had gotten a girlfriend. Maybe one of the ones who doesn't have any princes or husbands in the original fairy tale. Oh well, guess we'll have to write our own retellings too (;

message 15: by Shawna (new)

Shawna :) (sugoishawn) | 113 comments I've read only the first book and it wasn't bad, I just wasn't super impressed by it. I'm going to give the second book a chance soon though