What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Childrens Mystery(?) chapter book. Kids/siblings live above a restaurant/cafe by the seaside? in England. Cover: tall building with characters inside/around it, cartoony, vibrant colors. Written in 1990s.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ember (new)

Ember Wobser | 1 comments I'm trying to find a book I read in about 6th grade (around 2013) that was likely written in the 90s. It was fiction and possibly mystery, a paperback chapter book but not too thick, and its cover was cartoony and had vibrant colors. It showed a tall building and the characters inside/around it. It was targeted toward older kids, like middle school age.
I can't remember any plot other than it being a mystery, but I remember there being siblings who lived above a cafe or restaurant, and it must have been set in England because I think they lived by the seaside, and one of the details I explicitly remember is one of the male siblings (the narrator?) talking about listening to the band The Cure a few times if not just once, recommending them as if they were new and not super well known.
Thanks!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Ember, I added some details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)