Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to read Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, and similar genres

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neelie (new)

Neelie | 1 comments I’m an avid reader and willing to beta read for free! My preferred genres are Paranormal and Urban Fantasy but I‘m also willing to beta read Romance and Historical Fiction. Let me know if you need a reader!

message 2: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 45 comments Neelie wrote: "I’m an avid reader and willing to beta read for free! My preferred genres are Paranormal and Urban Fantasy but I‘m also willing to beta read Romance and Historical Fiction. Let me know if you need ..."

Hi! Are you still offering? I have a diverse YA m/m Urban Fantasy available for beta reading. It's 75k and I'm looking to get some feedback by the end of the month.

message 3: by C. J. (last edited Sep 10, 2020 04:49AM) (new)

C. J. | 1 comments Hi Neelie, are you still offering? I have an 84k urban fantasy that I'm looking for feedback on. If you are, just message me. Thanks. :)

message 4: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth | 53 comments Neelie wrote: "I’m an avid reader and willing to beta read for free! My preferred genres are Paranormal and Urban Fantasy but I‘m also willing to beta read Romance and Historical Fiction. Let me know if you need ..."

Hi, I've written a dark horror novel which is based on the reimagining of the Batman story, Are you interested in reading my book?

message 5: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle Theis | 64 comments Hi, I have a YA Urban fantasy I would love eyes on. I would send you the first 3 chapters to start and see if its a good fit for both of us. Here is the blurb/synopsis I have been working on:

Shayleen Cooper isn’t aware she’s anything but ordinary—just another seventeen-year-old who doesn’t fit in. Until the eerie night she uncovers a world full of monsters and learns just how different she really is.
She has no choice but to fight, now that she’s imprisoned and ensnared in chains. While captured she uncovers a heinous plan to unleash hordes of beasts and enslave mankind created by Hector, a vicious man known as ‘The Boss.’

No big deal, right? All that stands in her way is continued imprisonment, ruthless shifters, and hordes of savage beasts, all hell-bent on killing her.
It’s a good thing she’s anything but ordinary as her nails lengthen and become sharp enough to cut glass. But when Hector declares Shayleen his secret weapon, the startling truth of what she’ll become looms upon her.

The grotesque horde is closing in, threatening to destroy everyone she cares about.
But how can she hope to help them if everyone she gets close to ends up dead or forever altered?

*Some violence and gore.
If interested message me back, thanks.

message 6: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Miller | 107 comments Hi Neelie, would you be interested in a paranormal romance?
It contains violence, swearing, and love scenes.

It's about a woman that's family has been hunted through the centuries by a dark magic-user.
She has a way to end her but she can't do it alone, that's where Ric comes in at.
Together they will stop her if only they can put their attraction to each other aside long enough...

Brooke

message 7: by Bil (new)

Bil Richardson | 14 comments Neelie, I have a 60k YA book called Two Girls Save the World. It isn't exactly paranormal urban fantasy but definitely in the neighborhood. It is set during the Day of the Dead celebration in Mexico City. It's kind of a supernatural thriller. Two best friends get caught in the middle of otherworldly forces vying for control of a powerful, mystical object. It's fast paced and funny. I could really use some feedback on it, especially from a female reader. My email is bilrichardsonauthor@gmail.com

message 8: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Walter (jwalter98) | 3 comments Hi Neelie,

I hope this message finds you well. Your interest in Historical Fiction stood out to me, and I thought you could be a good fit for beta-reading my manuscript.

What’s in it for you

In return for your quality feedback you will receive:
- An acknowledgement in the final published novel
- A hard copy of the novel, signed with a personal message (assuming you’re willing to provide your mailing address!)
- Depending on timing, I'll do my best to review an upcoming work of yours (I should have some availability in 2021)

Below are the details of my manuscript. If you’re interested, we can discuss a schedule and the level of feedback you’re able to provide (I’m flexible and sensitive to your availability).

About the book

Title
The Towpath

Word Count
113,000 words

Genres
Historical Sci-fi, Thriller, Mystery

Summary
THE REDEEMER wants you dead, along with everyone else on this tainted planet. But before she can enact the unspeakable, she and her legion of Iroquois warriors from the past must recover an ancient medallion imbued with powers she believes can help her prevent the eventual suicide of her daughter. The only problem: AARON PORTER, a shy fourteen-year-old with a garbage-picking hobby, has discovered not just one, but two medallions, in the summer of 2021. Now, hot on Aaron’s trail, the Redeemer will kill all who stand in her way to recover what is rightfully hers.

l the best,

Jon Walter

Personal Email:
jwalter98@gmail.com

Amazon Author Page:
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B083N4B2HL

LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonwalter/

message 9: by Aleister (new)

Aleister  Hanek (aleisterhanek) | 19 comments Neelie wrote: "I’m an avid reader and willing to beta read for free! My preferred genres are Paranormal and Urban Fantasy but I‘m also willing to beta read Romance and Historical Fiction. Let me know if you need ..."

I have a high paranormal fantasy short story that I need readers for. It's about 34 pages long. If you're available to help me out I could send it to you either as a word document or a googledoc, as is your preference. Thank you in advance for your time.

message 10: by Marcel (new)

Marcel Jones  | 28 comments Hello Neelie,

My WIP is currently around 115k. I'll post my blurb below, and if interested, feel free to send me a PM.

BLURB:

Twin brothers with extraordinary abilities are set to clash and none of them may survive when it’s all over.

Odion’s deepest fears rise to the surface when paranormal abilities begin to waken in Apollo, making him a prime suspect for a list of grisly murders that take place the night of their high school dance. Consumed by anger and a lust for revenge, Odion stumbles upon an uncomfortable truth that rocks him to his core: he too possesses the same paranormal abilities Apollo has, carrying the same abnormalities with it. Accepting this truth, and being the only one powerful enough to challenge him, Odion willingly volunteers his life in order to take him down.

Now considered a fugitive, Apollo knows he’s innocent of the crimes that took place the night of the dance. But with virtually no way of clearing his name and nearly every task force unit in Excelsior and beyond hunting him, Apollo is forced to make a decision. Sacrifice his freedom for a heap of crimes he didn’t commit, or defend his rights by unleashing the monster he had buried within, even if that means many innocent lives will be forfeit.

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna Marie | 2 comments Hi Neelie -

Hope all is well with you! I wanted to see if you were still available to beta read and would be willing to give feedback on a novelette I've written (just under 10,000 words).

It's an adult contemporary fantasy/paranormal story. The setting is current day, inspired by some of the events of last summer - quarantine, racial injustice, social unrest and protests. A woman of color with psychic abilities is asked to help 'clear' a haunted house. Along the way, she starts receiving visions of a particular location and ends up discovering a haunting secret of another kind.

Could you please shoot me a message if you're interested and I'll forward a word doc with my story?

Thanks so much, hope all is well with you.
Anna
annamarieb0311@gmail.com

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 4 comments Hello Neelie!

If you are still looking for manuscripts to read, I am looking for a beta reader for the first 3 chapters for my YA contemporary fantasy. The novel is complete at 77,000 words and has received several full manuscript requests from agents.

Here is a short summary of the story: After a boy obtains the ability to bring his dead boyfriend back from the grave by summoning a demon and fighting in a to-the-death tournament, he slowly discovers his boyfriend may not deserve a second chance at life.

If you are interested, please message me and I can send you the chapters. Thank you again!

-Sarah

message 13: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Vijay (shreyavijay) | 37 comments Anna wrote: "Hi Neelie -

Hope all is well with you! I wanted to see if you were still available to beta read and would be willing to give feedback on a novelette I've written (just under 10,000 words).

It's..."

Hi Anna! I have just sent you a mail. I hope you don't mind, I would love to read your book. :)

Regards
Shreya Vijay