What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA- Book about a girl that visits her grandma's? house and discovers it is full of secrets?? The title possible has the word ‘ever’ in it- etc ‘evermore’ or ‘ever last’ or something

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esme (new)

Esme | 13 comments Read around 2018, girl visits her grandmothers or a similar relatives large mysterious house possibly after the grandma or said relative has died, or for some other reason. She suddenly has to move there anyway, there is something weird with the girl and the house. Has ‘ever’ in the title, ‘evermore’, ‘ever last’ etc. Had a purple cover I think with a picture of a house and possibly a key on it???

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16289 comments Was the girl a teenager or a younger child?

message 3: by Esme (new)

Esme | 13 comments She was a teenager i think, probably around 17 years old.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

This reminds me of The Hazel Wood - the grandma, the old house, some of the details fit... And it's YA.

However, the title doesn't fit. Still posted it, just in case. :)

message 5: by Esme (new)

Esme | 13 comments Thank you for your help, however it is not this book- but as a weird coincidence, I’m actually halfway through The Hazel Wood right now!!

message 6: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments This is not an exact match, but maybe? The Ever Breath The Ever Breath by Julianna Baggott

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Esme wrote: "Thank you for your help, however it is not this book- but as a weird coincidence, I’m actually halfway through The Hazel Wood right now!!"

That really is an amazing coincidence! I must admit I haven't read Hazel Wood yet, but I've been meaning to, then forgot... and now your description reminded me of it. :)

message 8: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 327 comments Ever After (Cursed, #1) by Odessa Gillespie Black Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale, #1) by Alexia Purdy
^These books have "Ever" in their names with purple covers. I haven't read any of these though so no clue if the plot matches

message 9: by Renee (new)

Renee | 2 comments Maybe the House of Many Ways?

message 10: by Esme (new)

Esme | 13 comments It is none of these😞 but thank you all anyway!!

message 11: by Esme (new)

Esme | 13 comments Thinking more on this- the title could also have started with the word ‘Never’, for example ‘nevermore’. The same kind of this as ever but just switched for never.

message 12: by Esme (new)

Esme | 13 comments I’m also not 100% sure on the relative being her grandmother, it could easily be a different relative and I’ve just remembered it wrong!!

message 13: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments How about Neverwas? Neverwas (Amber House, #2) by Kelly Moore

message 14: by Esme (new)

Esme | 13 comments Thank you for your suggestion, but I forgot to mention that I am pretty sure this was either first in a series or stand alone; I don’t think there were any preceding books. But thanks for the help anyway :))

message 15: by Esme (new)

Esme | 13 comments *bump* :))

message 16: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33543 comments Mod
Please note you can bump your thread every 30+ days, because this group is so large. If you remember new details, you can add them at any time.