Play Book Tag discussion

September 2020: Psychological > (Poll Ballot Tally) The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 906 comments The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King
4 stars
During a six mile hike along the Maine-New Hampshire branch of the Appalachian Trail Trisha McFarland gets tired of hearing her older brother Pete and Mother argue and wonders off on her own. After trying to take a shortcut to get back to them she becomes lost. This amazing story is her tale on what all she goes through while trying to survive herself, the elements and the unknown enemy that keeps leaving a trail of dead animals and mangled trees and brush.
I just could not put this book down. Book is thought provoking and at times downright spooky. Why just four stars then, I hated the ending. It needed more closure for the roller coaster of emotions I and the girl went through.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4973 comments I had planned to read this for the Stephen King tag, except I found Dog On It, and haven't been in the mood for a horror story. I may yet get around to it...

message 3: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 906 comments annapi wrote: "I had planned to read this for the Stephen King tag, except I found Dog On It, and haven't been in the mood for a horror story. I may yet get around to it..."

I understand. I have been having a hard time picking books to read. I am just not in the mood for books I normally read. To me I did not find this King book to be full horror, it is more suspense and spooky.

Dog On It is a good choice, I have enjoyed reading this series. I hope to get to the next book soon.

message 4: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4973 comments It's amazing what I found with a Stephen King tag, LOL, but I guess he recommends quite a few books and some people have tagged those with his name.