AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

The Secret Life of Mrs. London
This topic is about The Secret Life of Mrs. London
THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON > SECRET #3 How did Jack London write 50 books in 15 years?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
Rebecca Rosenberg Novels: Have you ever given up something for someone else? How about now with covid?

(Answer below for this week’s drawing for THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON.)

Secret #3 How did Jack London write 50 books in 15 years?
My answer? Charmian London sacrificed her writing career to support Jack London’s.
Jack London often told Charmian his stories which she typed on her manual Remington typewriter at 100 words per minute. Every morning Jack would write one-thousand words before joining his constant stream of guests at Beauty Ranch. Later, Charmian would edit and embellish, often adding descriptions of characters and settings to London’s writing.
Jack met Charmian London in 1900 when she reviewed his first book, Son of a Wolf, for the Overland Journal, a literary review. She thought the twenty-four year old writer was extremely talented, but needed her help with grammar, syntax, proofing. The two of them began working together, and his next novel, Call of the Wild was published three years later with Charmian managing the proof reading.
When Charmian began to write her own books, she gave Jack the newly invented Edison Ediphone to record his novels, and also hired a secretary to type them up. This was a turning point for the couple and Charmian’s independence.
Charmian went on to write half-a-dozen books and magazine articles, and continue to support Jack London.
THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072KRP7MN
GOLD IPPY, the world’s largest book competition!
American Fiction Awards Finalist
AMAZON BEST SELLER historical fiction
WIKI’s 12 Marvelous Novels about the 20th century https://wiki.ezvid.com/m/kNkCn2l8yxVIl
Best First Novel Award Center for Fiction nominee,
Pulpwood Queens Book of the Month
Spirited Woman Top 12
Please stay in touch with my newsletter and website!
THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON, by Rebecca Rosenberg
https://www.facebook.com/rebeccarosen...
https://www.rebecca-rosenberg.com

Amanda (drpowell) | 376 comments What a commitment!
I think the thing I most often give up is time, which is so invaluable. A norm in the world of education.

message 3: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes, Amanda. Are you doing school remotely?

Amanda (drpowell) | 376 comments Rebecca wrote: "Yes, Amanda. Are you doing school remotely?"

We are not! We are one of the American schools back in session with a lot of safety protocols and procedures that follow CDC guidelines. Tomorrow will be the end of our third week and we are SO grateful to be back. I suppose it feels like it is only a matter of time until we go virtual, and some students opted to attend all virtual courses this year, but we are taking it one day at a time!

message 5: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stay safe, Amanda!

message 6: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda, You have won your choice of ebook or paperback of The Secret Life of Mrs. London! Please email me your email and address:
rebecca@rebecca-rosenberg.com

Dyana | 189 comments I have always given up things so my husband can enjoy more. I don’t desire material things like he does to such a degree. I’m happy reading a book, crafting or helping unfortunate people.

Linda Ulleseit (lindaulleseit) | 50 comments I gave up my own writing for many years while beginning my marriage and career, buying a house, and raising kids. It wasn't until my sons were in high school that I turned back to writing seriously. Five novels since then!

message 9: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda wrote: "I gave up my own writing for many years while beginning my marriage and career, buying a house, and raising kids. It wasn't until my sons were in high school that I turned back to writing seriously..."

Congratulations, Linda! You have won a copy of THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON! Do you prefer ebook or paperback? Please email your address to rebecca@rebecca-rosenberg.com

message 10: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dyana wrote: "I have always given up things so my husband can enjoy more. I don’t desire material things like he does to such a degree. I’m happy reading a book, crafting or helping unfortunate people."

Rebecca wrote: "Dyana, You have won your choice of ebook or paperback of The Secret Life of Mrs. London! Please email me your email and address:
rebecca@rebecca-rosenberg.com"

Congratulations, Dyana! You have won a copy of THE SECRET LIFE OF MRS. LONDON! Do you prefer ebook or paperback? Please email your address to rebecca@rebecca-rosenberg.com

reply | edit | delete | flag *
You are following this discussion (instant email). Edit

commentadd book/author (some html is ok)