Play Book Tag discussion

Chemo Muscles: Lessons Learned from Being a Psycho-Oncologist and Cancer Patient
This topic is about Chemo Muscles
September 2020: Psychological > Chemo Muscles by Renee Exelbert - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8957 comments If you have a loved one who is diagnosed with Breast Cancer, or you personally find yourself on that journey, this is the book to help guide you through. I know this, because my dearest friend wrote this book – because it is the book she wished she had when she was going through this. Written with feeling, relatability, personal experience, and professional expertise, survivor and psychologist Renee Exelbert delivers a book that helps speak to the varying difficult experiences, and how to understand them with psychological underpinnings, and leads you with laughter, warmth, hope, and resilience.

Healthcare professionals and patients alike should all have this heartfelt and helpful memoir on hand and available as a unique and beautiful resource. It’s like having a best friend on the journey with you, and I can speak with full knowledge and confidence, there is no better friend and guide to have than Renee Exelbert, for any situation in life. You might check out her website and blog as well, to hear her compelling and profound words for yourself. Recently she wrote an article comparing and contrasting the Breast Cancer journey with the Covid journey, bringing light to what women in this situation go through. This is a book that should find its way to the people that need it, at just the right time, and just the right way. I trust this review is going to land for someone who needs it – and they will find it a gift. Pass the gift on, and women – support one another in every and all ways. We are beautiful and strong. I am reminded of that every day, from my dear friend Renee. Who if you need a friend on this journey, will become your very best.

message 2: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5681 comments Thanks Amy. This sounds wonderful. I had friends who went through this, and they both seemed to become emotionally stronger after going through it.