What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Psychological Thriller. Girl (12 yr.) gets sent to mental asylum/orphanage in Britain where she gets abused for 5 years, hides this from social worker Andy. Cover: sad girl in a gown.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian (thereaderguy) | 3 comments There is one book that I am trying to find that I had sometime ago that got lost when moving house.

The novel is set in Britain between 1990 and 1997 It was about a twelve year old girl who was placed in a asylum or orphanage and she spends 5 years there during that time she is abused and the place goes to lengths to keep it a secret she is visited often by her social worker named Andy I can remember who then helps her escape it. In the end she ends up marrying and having kids with him.

On the front cover it showed a young girl who was dressed in a gown and looked very sad.

It was an interesting read and if anyone can please help i would be grateful ive tried looking on the internet with no luck.

I think it was written about 10 years ago and was some sort of psychological thriller or something.

Regards

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16095 comments You have to put genre and plot details in your header. Otherwise, your post will be locked by the mods.

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian (thereaderguy) | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "You have to put genre and plot details in your header. Otherwise, your post will be locked by the mods." Edited it does that look better in the heading?

Regards

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33270 comments Mod
Thanks Ian. I added a few details to the header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

Is this book for adults or teens?

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian (thereaderguy) | 3 comments I would think its more for adults.