Undead & UnRead Book Club - Frisco Public Library discussion

Slice of Cherry
This topic is about Slice of Cherry
2020 Meetings > October - Slice of Cherry (Virtual Meeting & Goodreads)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Gideon | 272 comments Mod
Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
3.69 · Rating details · 3,186 ratings · 512 reviews

Kit and Fancy Cordelle are sisters of the best kind: best friends, best confidantes, and best accomplices. The daughters of the infamous Bonesaw Killer, Kit and Fancy are used to feeling like outsiders, and that's just the way they like it. But in Portero, where the weird and wild run rampant, the Cordelle sisters are hardly the oddest or most dangerous creatures around.

It's no surprise when Kit and Fancy start to give in to their deepest desire - the desire to kill. What starts as a fascination with slicing open and stitching up quickly spirals into a gratifying murder spree. Of course, the sisters aren't killing just anyone, only the people who truly deserve it. But the girls have learned from the mistakes of their father, and know that a shred of evidence could get them caught. So when Fancy stumbles upon a mysterious and invisible doorway to another world, she opens a door to endless possibilities.

message 2: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Gideon | 272 comments Mod
Amanda will once again be leading a virtual meeting in Zoom for October's meeting. See details below on how to join:

Join the discussion online: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/5223391240?...

Meeting ID: 522 339 1240
Passcode: Undead2020

Pamela | 66 comments Ugh! Can’t believe I missed the meeting. I actually finished the book too! Ugh. I hope no one else forgot. See y’all next month.

Amanda Kratz | 37 comments Mod
We missed ya! If you wanna chat about the book here I’ll post the questions below or if you wanna actually talk send me a PM.

Slice of Cherry

Who finished the book?

What did you think? What rating did you give it?

At what point do you think you were hooked? Were you hooked?

Was there a hero in this story? Which character did you relate to most?

While this is a stand alone book. This is the second book by this author in the world of Portero, TX - do you think you have a clear picture of the world building?

Fun Fact: Hanna & Wyatt are the characters from Bleeding Violets.

In the book it says that dreams are a real reflection of what is going on in someone’s mind. What did you think of Fancy’s Dream Diary?

Many descriptions of mundane things such as a sunset are gory. Do you think this helped the world building? Ex: “The sun floated just over the horizon, the sky streaked with red as though God had killed someone and hadn't bothered to clean it up.”

After the dogs bite Ilan he says that he is pure poison on the inside. Ilan has only murdered once and it was in defense of another. Do you really feel he is as rotten as he believes he is?

What do you think of the garden of trees of the murders ( like trophies). The tony tree bothers me.

While Kit seems to be more blood thirsty her gift is to help settle the dead. Do you think she is well suited for this gift?

Kit and Fancy’s father’s next target was Gabriel... why? Do you think he saw himself as an angel of mercy? Why do you think he helped Ilan instead? Was that his downfall?

What do you think of the Sherif’s casual acceptance of the “service” the girls are providing?

Who is more scary Kit or Fancy?

Did you have a favorite death scene? What did you think of Fancy’s more creative punishments?

Undead & UnRead Book Club - Frisco Public Library

unread topics | mark unread