Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > Classic Nominations - November 2020

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Hello, fellow Crime, Mystery & Thriller Readers,

Nominations for our November Classic Book Discussion are now open. To ensure your nomination will be included in our poll, please make sure it conforms to the following guidelines:

✔️ You may nominate one (1) book.

✔️Only members who have actively participated in prior book discussions will be permitted to nominate books for the following month. If you have recently joined the group, please do participate in the current month's discussion, so you qualify as a valid nominator.

✔️By entering a nomination, you agree to act as our Discussion Leader for the month-long Book Discussion for that book if it wins.

Don't worry; it is neither difficult nor time-consuming. The moderators are here to help in the event that you need a hand. Please refrain from nominating a book if you are not prepared to lead the discussion.

✔️ Your nomination should be a Classic crime, mystery, or thriller. Classic, as defined by this group, is a book which is at least 50 years old (1969 or before).

✔️Your nomination should not have been read by the group in the past 24 months.

✔️You may only nominate the first book in a series.

The 2nd and subsequent books in a series may be nominated only after the group has read the prior books in that series.

✔️Post your nomination as a comment below.

DO NOT notify the moderators of your selection by way of a private message, if you do you run the risk of your nomination being excluded from the poll.

✔️To ensure your nomination is included in our poll correctly, do include the name of both the book and the author. You would be surprised at how many books have the same title. You are welcome to use the "add book/author" tool, which is located above the right upper corner of the comment window when you nominate your selection.

If you have any questions, you can leave a comment in this discussion or message Gem or Jenny directly.

Thank you and happy reading!

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom | 921 comments Interested in Golden Age titles by authors other than the Queens of Crime. I nominate Malice Aforethought by Francis Iles

message 3: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom | 921 comments Icewineanne wrote: "Hag's Nook (Dr. Gideon Fell, #1) by John Dickson Carr Hag's Nook by John Dickson Carr"

Hmm, I kinda like that one better. Geez, I might have to vote against my own nomination...

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1545 comments Mod
Nike wrote: "I am new in the group and so I understand that I am not allowed to nominate but the thing is that I can't even view any nominations here. Is that correct? And may I vote once the poll is launched? ..."

I think if you plan to participate in the reading and discussion you can vote. Hope you join us.

message 6: by Barbara K (new)

Barbara K | 328 comments I would read Malice Aforethought! It was referenced in Eight Perfect Murders and I've been curious about it since then.

Barbara wrote: "I would read Malice Aforethought! It was referenced in Eight Perfect Murders and I've been curious about it since then."

I just completed it and would LOVE to discuss it.

message 8: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 670 comments Mod
Tom wrote: "Icewineanne wrote: "Hag's Nook (Dr. Gideon Fell, #1) by John Dickson Carr Hag's Nook by John Dickson Carr"

Hmm, I kinda like that one better. Geez, I might have to vote against my own nominati..."

😂 😂 .....I’ve never read JDC’s Fell series so I thought Fall might be the perfect time to jump in.
Why not read them both Tom?
Cheers & happy reading 📚

message 9: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Sep 25, 2020 03:33PM) (new)

Icewineanne | 670 comments Mod
Sheri wrote: "Barbara wrote: "I would read Malice Aforethought! It was referenced in Eight Perfect Murders and I've been curious about it since then."

I just completed it and would LOVE to discuss it."

Haven’t read Eight Perfect......is Malice A....the one by Iles?

Icewineanne wrote: "Sheri wrote: "Barbara wrote: "I would read Malice Aforethought! It was referenced in Eight Perfect Murders and I've been curious about it since then."

I just completed it and would LOVE to discuss..."

Yes.

message 11: by Tom (new)

Tom | 921 comments Icewineanne wrote: "Tom wrote: "Icewineanne wrote: "Hag's Nook (Dr. Gideon Fell, #1) by John Dickson Carr Hag's Nook by John Dickson Carr"

Hmm, I kinda like that one better. Geez, I might have to vote against my ..."

Why not, indeed. Both have been on my TBR list for too long already. Now might just be the time for them

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.