Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta readers sought

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ray (new)

Ray Britain | 3 comments Hi,
I'm preparing to publish the second story, 'Forgotten Lives' in my DCI Stirling series and would very much welcome the assistance of some beta readers please.
My first book, 'The Last Thread' received good reviews so I would hope that reading the second story would not be a chore.
Kind regards,
Ray
Ray Britain
E: info@raybritain.co.uk
W: www.raybritain.com

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana Coombes | 43 comments I have written a domestic noir book called It Won't Happen Again. I like reading detective novels. Would you be willing to do a swap and read the first few chapters for me.

message 3: by Ray (new)

Ray Britain | 3 comments Hi Diana,
That seems a fair exchange.
How soon would you like to exchange copy, and can you approximate the amount of pages/words you'll be sending my way, please, so that I don't send you more than you might want?
Regards,
Ray

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick Brown (ripbrownjr) | 8 comments What's your elevator pitch and how many words?

Thank you

message 5: by Gary (new)

Gary Jones (gfjones_dvm) | 14 comments For "Doc's Codicil": When Wisconsin veterinarian Doc dies, his children and nephew learn that to inherit his fortune, they must decipher the cryptic codicil he added to his will–“Take Doofus squirrel-fishing”–and they can only do that by talking to Doc's friends, reading the memoir Doc wrote of a Christmas season decades earlier, searching through Doc’s correspondence, and discovering the clues around them. --61 words

For "Stolen Virus": Virologist Jason Mitchell can’t keep his mouth shut, can’t lie convincingly, and can’t follow orders. He’s an unlikely candidate to help the CIA locate and destroy a deadly hybrid virus stolen from Jason’s lab at the University of Minnesota. From Washington to Djibouti, from Minneapolis to Yemen, Marines cringe, Senators turn livid, and CIA agents shudder as Jason struggles to prevent the virus from becoming a biological weapon in the hands of jihadists. --73 words

message 6: by Alegra (new)

Alegra Sterling (enchantedink) | 5 comments Hello everyone. I'm also seeking free betas too. Please PM me would love to work with someone. My story is high fantasy. Book length is around a novella. Take care. Happy reading.

message 7: by Ray (new)

Ray Britain | 3 comments Richard wrote: "What's your elevator pitch and how many words?

Thank you"

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your enquiry. 'Forgotten Lives' is the second in my DCI Stirling series (see 'The Last Thread' 2017). Not exactly an elevator pitch but it's extracted from the synopsis and may assist? The story is 190k words.
Regards,
Ray
Set in present-day UK with a strong European dimension, ‘Forgotten Lives’ has an underlying theme of the conflicts between a broken criminal justice system that is failing to meet society’s expectation to be protected from those who prey on the vulnerable, and to stop those who would take justice into their own hands to avenge victims - or to save a life. Chapter headings in real-time give the story an authentic pace as a direct line is drawn between pan-European organised crime to corruption within communities, and the devastating impact on young lives.
The genesis of ‘Forgotten Lives’ lie in tragedies that happened many years ago which provoked two series of killings years apart - France and London - but went unnoticed until Stirling investigates several brutally efficient murders of seemingly unconnected men, linked by an emblem left at the scene. The emblem leads Stirling and his team to the two previous series but what links them, and why the time lag between each series? Media speculation of a ‘vigilante’ at work excites public interest, intensifying the political pressure on Stirling to get a result.

Richard wrote: "What's your elevator pitch and how many words?

Thank you"

Ray wrote: "Hi Diana,
That seems a fair exchange.
How soon would you like to exchange copy, and can you approximate the amount of pages/words you'll be sending my way, please, so that I don't send you more th..."