What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy. A person gets washed up on a shore/sandbar of a remote civilization.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shreya (new)

Shreya | 3 comments Ok I’ve been thinking about this for a long time and I read it a few years ago. I’m so sorry I can’t remember the main overall plot but here’s my best recount. So it’s a civilization and storms bring in a lot of debris so one day a person(I believe a girl) gets swept in and someone finds them on either a sandbar or shore. Then whoever it is lives in the civilization and I think the leader was pretty powerful or something and this may be part of a bigger series but I think it’s a single book (I’ve read so many). Also I think everyone wears like the same type of clothes (canvas like?) and presents the leader with offerings that they’ve found washed up but a big deal of the civilization is that they get stuff from whatever is washed in by the storms. Also I don’t think the leader could walk or he had something with his feet and he ends up being corrupt or something. Sorry this is vague but thanks for reading this and I hope someone knows the title!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36076 comments Mod
Shreya, is this a fantasy or science fiction novel for adults or teens? How old is the heroine?

message 3: by Shreya (new)

Shreya | 3 comments I would say more fantasy for teens/younger readers and the heroine is a young adult

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21054 comments Is the main character the girl who washes up on the shore?

message 5: by Shreya (new)

Shreya | 3 comments Yes it is the main character