Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1) Diary of a Wimpy Kid discussion

Pg. 107- end

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace Brouse In this half of the book, Rowley breaks his arm causing him to make more friends than Greg. However, Greg quickly becomes jealous because he wants to be friends with more people and he misses spending time with Rowley, doing their regular activities like they did before Rowley had made more friends. As a result, he tries to fake breaking his arm, but it backfires and makes people in his school dislike him more. Their friendship went through a hard time, but eventually they forgave one another and were back to being friends. Soon it turned into winter, letting the two friends go sledding and make snowmen. The two boys went through school creating comics for the newspaper, they went on a trip to six flags, and more. However, Rowley became good friends with Collin causing them to spend more time together than Rowley did with Greg. In order to compensate for this Greg tried to become best friends with Fregley. They were friends for one sleepover, until Greg snuck out to go home. Rowley continued to spend more time with Collin, eventually to become ex-friends with Greg. I think students can learn a lesson from this because it shows that they can have more than one friend. It can serve as a basis for students to make more friends, so they can have people to relate to unlike Greg did when Rowley started to make other friends. In the end, I really liked this book and I believe students in my future classroom would enjoy a book like this because they would be able to relate to events in the book.