Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > New Thread, New Services Offered!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elijah (last edited Sep 19, 2020 08:49AM) (new)

Elijah | 8 comments Hello Everybody!

The responses to my old thread (here) have been incredibly kind and rewarding. I have learned so much over the past couple of months and have also earned enough to start my own website, www.emeraldess.com.

I feel it is time to update my pricing model to one that (finally) makes sense. I am keeping it cheaper than most since I'm still pretty new at this.

A little explanation of the services I offer.

Early in your manuscript’s development, you may want a wider sense of how the reader feels, a large summary covering the entire work. This is the General Character and Plot Analysis (listed below).

If your manuscript is further along, and you need somebody to pick at it like a vulture, I offer frequent feedback as I progress through the story — a preview of where your reader is mentally and emotionally on a chapter-by-chapter basis. This is the Play-by-Play Character and Plot Analysis.

Line Editing is the second-to-last stage after your characters and plot are in hand. It addresses prose and searches for redundancies. This is the most expensive service because I cannot help but be ruthless and meticulous. I will adjust to whatever style you employ, but even then you won’t like me. Everybody needs a line-editor.

Proofing is copy editing — checking spelling and grammar. It is the final stage of polishing your manuscript.

General Character and Plot Analysis — $.0008USD per word

Play-by-Play Character and Plot Analysis —$.0017USD per word.

Line Editing — $.0034USD per word

Proofing — $.0007USD per word

Upon request, I can provide a sample of my work for up to 3500 words at half-price before committing to bulk edits. If you would like a second pass after revisions have been made, the second pass will also be at half-price. All payments must be made through Paypal and must be converted to US Dollars. I accept Microsoft Word docs, Google docs, and text in the body of an email for smaller projects.

Email me at emeraldessbusiness@gmail.com for questions or offers.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments Hi everyone,
I just wanted to say that I used some of Elijah's services for a book I've written.
I thought his work was excellent and am looking forward to using his services again in the future.
I found that Elijah was excellent at picking up plot holes and gave very useful character feedback. The stuff he points out are usually things that I didn't even realise were bugging me and holding back the story development.
Thanks again Elijah,
Jess :)

message 3: by Elijah (new)

Elijah | 8 comments Thank you, Jess! Looking forward to whatever more you send my way, as I love doing this stuff.

E

message 4: by John (new)

John S. | 1 comments Dear Elijah,

I am working on a tight budget (thanks to COVID), so your prices are exactly what I’m looking for. Are you willing to read a 72k Crime/Thriller from a first-time author? I’m thinking the Play-by-Play analysis sounds like the best fit for what I need.

John.

message 5: by Elijah (new)

Elijah | 8 comments Hi John,

Great to hear from you! Yes, the pandemic has been devastating for many individuals and small businesses, oof. Hope you are well.

Usually my turnaround on manuscripts is two weeks, but a couple writers contacted my email directly recently looking for a Beta Read. I don’t want to do a quick job on anyone’s work, so if you are willing to give me an extra week, I’d be happy to take a look.

Shoot me an email and let’s get started! emeraldessbusiness [at] gmail.com