Huntsville-Madison County Public Library discussion

History and Historical Fiction (Present-day Germany 16/1700s)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alayna (new)

Alayna (alayna_acupandaview) | 4 comments Good afternoon, HSV readers. I am doing some genealogy research and am looking for a book about German history (late 1500s to early 1700s). My family began their emigrant journey because of the religious conflicts in south western Germany (Palatinate, Baden-Württemberg, Bayern/Bavaria) because of the Reformation and Counter-Reformation.

I have tried to find resources, both history and historical fiction, but haven't had much luck. The resources I am familiar with aren’t quite right: The few resources set in Germany are set during WWII. The resources set during this time period are set in England. The resources about Reformation/Counter-Reformation are also set in England.

Any recommendations for resources or where I should direct my search?

message 2: by Alayna (new)

Alayna (alayna_acupandaview) | 4 comments Since I talked to a few people off-line about this post, I wanted to share an update. I reached out to a couple professors of German history and one of them responded. Turns out we have the book he recommended on Hoopla! Thankful that HSV has Hoopla right now.

message 3: by Annie Lee (new)

Annie Lee Phillips (annieleephillips) | 1289 comments Mod
YAY! Alayna that's awesome! :-)