What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's fairy tale/Grimm-like picture book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Petrucci | 2 comments I'm looking for a picture book I read in the early to mid 90s. I thought it was a Grimm brothers book but none of their titles return the book I'm looking for. It was about a little girl who wandered off into the wilderness and when she returned her mother was very old, and it turned out she had been gone for years and not days, although she herself was still young.

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 1964 comments Dear Mili by Wilhelm Grimm, illustrated by Maurice Sendak. (It's by one of the Brothers Grimm so it's possible you read a version illustrated by someone else, but the Sendak one is the most well-known.)

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32069 comments Mod
Virginia, that's a good start. Copy plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 4: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Petrucci | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Virginia, that's a good start. Copy plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. ..."

Thank you!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dear Mili (other topics)