Book Dragons x Book Worms discussion

Literature > Abby's Literature

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay, I shall write some later!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I need help with ideas. Any ideas for ideas?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite genres are fantasy, mythology, fiction, historical fiction, and others. My interests are pretty much different types of art and books.

message 4: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylaaaaa_) That’s cool! I’d consider myself a writer, I’m currently co-writing two novels, writing a novel by myself, and several other stories and random things for fun.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, that’s cool!

message 6: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylaaaaa_) Thanks!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Fairies and magicians sprung onto the page. Her paint brush created a world on the canvas. She sighed, disappointed, as she put one last stroke of paint of the canvas.
“Rosemary, come down here, it’s time for school. You haven’t even eaten yet!”
Rosemary stood up and began walking towards the door. But she wasn’t moving forward, in fact, it seemed she was being pulled backward into the painting.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

This is the first bit.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!

message 10: by Juuso (new)

Juuso | 113 comments Mod
☾BookishAbby☾ wrote: "Fairies and magicians sprung onto the page. Her paint brush created a world on the canvas. She sighed, disappointed, as she put one last stroke of paint of the canvas.
“Rosemary, come down here, it..."

Great opening!!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Rosemary, or Romy as she preferred, had landed in a fountain in the middle of a town with small huts. Each were about 4.5 feet tall, even shorter than her. Fairies started flying out of their homes, surrounding Romy.
She heard whispers like, “What is a magician doing here?” and, “Is she going to hurt us?”
Finally a young fairy, even shorter than most of them, came up to her and asked, “Excuse me, Miss Magician, but why are you here, did we do something wrong?”
“Umm, m-magician,” she stuttered, “I’m no magician.”
Whispers and shocked looks went throughout the crowd.
“If your not a magician then what are you. You certainly look like a magician,” the same young boy said.
“I-I’m a human,” she replied, clearly still shocked.
“A human, what’s that?” the boy asked.
“She must have been given the confuzzling potion,” another fairy suggested.
“No, no, I’m a human, just a regular human. This is a painting, I painted you, right? But then how could I be here.” she got out of the fountain and began pacing back and forth, her heart racing.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you so much! I am very self conscious of my writing so that means a lot.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Aww thanks, I’m posting my next bit now!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

“A painting, no, what’s a painting? I’ve lived here my whole life,” a teenage fairy said, “My mom has lived here for most of her life too, unless you’re telling us our lives and memories aren’t real.”
The crowd burst into laughter at the very thought of that comical idea.
“What, you don’t know what a painting is? And yes, your lives and memories must be fabricated since I just painted you. Actually, I must be dreaming or something because paintings don’t speak.” Romy said, utterly confused.
“Darned, that confuzzling potion must have been strong. We’ll get you back to the magicians and see if we can get you a good healer.”
Two fairies showed her into a vehicle but she resisted, “I’m not going to magicians, I’m going home!” But the fairies then forced her into the vehicle and took of to the land of the magicians.

message 16: by Juuso (new)

Juuso | 113 comments Mod
This is cool!! Your writing is great!! Also at the same time this feel original even tho the idea itself is not (not in a bad way).

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you! You have all been very kind, I think I’m going to try to post two parts a day, they aren’t very long but the past few days I’ve been pretty busy.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

In the land of the magicians everything was giant even though they were the same height as humans. She marveled at the extraordinary architecture. She was hurried through an arch leading into a large building with high ceilings. A magician lead her into a room with healer.
“Welcome, now let’s get your memory back little witch! First we’ll run some tests. Can you remember your name?” the healer said in an overly cheery voice.
“I’m, Rosemary, Romy. My memory is fine. Can you please just wake me up some how? I need to go home, I’ll be late for school!” Romy said, hyperventilating. She pinched herself and winced. Then she cursed herself for not realizing it was not a dream sooner. But how could it be real life?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

“Good job Romy. But the Academy is not in session right now. Do you remember your parents names?” the healer asked in a soft voice.
“Yes, their names are Theodore and Juliet Brown. They don’t live here.” Rosemary replied more calmly this time.
“Oh poor child. Did you run away?”
“No! I got sucked into a painting!”
“I’ll give you some antidote, please wait for a little while.” the healer said then left the room.
Romy knew what she had to do. She had to escape before the healer came back.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Both parts for today are up!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

The escaping part wasn’t really that hard. The hospital should have had better security. She stole a bundle of a half a dozen keys from off the healers desk. After trying a few to open the bars on the window the bars finally open. Then she just pushed the window open and climbed out.
Running away from the crime scene Romy heard the healer shouting something like, “You get back here missy.” She just kept running.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Romy ran and didn’t look back until she entered a forest. She sat on a log and took a breather, exhausted from running so long. When she was hunched over and gasping for breath she heard a rustling in the trees. She immediately jumped up and saw two figures jumping down from the tree. One landed on their feet and the other stayed hovering in the air at Romy’s head level.
“What are you doing in our forest?” the standing figure asked.
“Um, I need to get home, I’m running from the hospital.” Romy replied awkwardly.
“Fine, I’m Kaia, pronouns she and her.” Kaia said.
“And I’m Birch! My pronouns are they and them!” the fairy Birch said.
“I’m Romy, my pronouns are she and her.” Romy said. “Do you know how to get to earth? Specifically So Cal?”
“Earth,” Kaia laughed, “That’s far away from here, most people here don’t even believe earth exists. I’ve heard things about it, I’ve always wanted to go there. If we help you get there can Birch and I go with you?”

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, sorry today’s second part came so late.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Along with Romy’s story I’m going to put some poetry on here. Warning, most of my poetry is sad, I’m okay but I just am best at writing sad poetry.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Fire

They set your heart on fire
Set your soul on fire
Set your dreams on fire
Set your life on fire
And when your life’s aflame
They don’t help
They walk away
Leaving nothing but destruction

message 26: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylaaaaa_) ☾BookishAbby☾ wrote: "Romy ran and didn’t look back until she entered a forest. She sat on a log and took a breather, exhausted from running so long. When she was hunched over and gasping for breath she heard a rustling..."

Would you mind if I gave some constructive feedback?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I would actually really like it.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I need feedback, also, since I’m now writing poems I’ll only do one part of Romy’s story a day.

message 29: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylaaaaa_) Okay!! A few things:

-When you said “And I’m Birch! My pronouns are they and them!” the fairy Birch said; I would word this a little differently. Maybe something like this: "And I'm Birch!" The other fairy chimed in. "My pronouns are they and them!" Because it sounds a little awkward when you use their name.

-I think the pronouns when introducing themselves is a little unnecessary, but it's kind of up to you.

-"If we help you get there can Birch and I go with you?” Add a comma between there and can ;)

-When you said, 'When she was hunched over and gasping for breath she heard a rustling in the trees,' I might word this a little differently as well. Something like, 'As she was hunched over, gasping for breath, she heard a rustling between the trees.'

I think you have a nice writing style! Thanks!!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I made some changes, thanks Ayla!

message 31: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylaaaaa_) Of course, happy to help!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello peeps, you didn’t think it would go the whole day without giving you a part to Romy’s story which is now named;
Romy’s Adventures Through Magic
Is that any good?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

“You better help me, and when we get to earth, you aren’t my problem.” Romy said and the three of them silently trekked through the forest.
Until it got too dark to see a few feet in front of them, they hiked. At night Kaia and Birch set up camp. Birch and Romy slept first while Kaia looked out for danger. After three hours it was Romy’s turn, then Birch’s. At the end of Birch’s turn they saw something. Something, someone, zoomed around a dozen feet in front of them. “Hello?” Birch called out loud enough to to wake the others.
Kaia rubbed her eyes and groaned, “Birch, what is it?”
“I don’t know who, but someone’s here.” Birch replied.
Kaia jumped of her pile of leaves and eyes here surrounding. Romy was only just now slowly sitting up.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

This next poem isn’t great but whatever

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Words

Words are just sounds and shapes
How come they mean so much to me?
They can create whole worlds
Fill up layers of dead trees
And I love it
Why do I love shapes on dead trees so much?
Words can offer an escape
When reality becomes too much
Words can make you feel proud or alone
Just sounds coming out of our mouths and shapes put on dead trees
Yet they mean so much to me

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. I’ve written some more of other stuff I’ll show here

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

There is pain
Some suffer
And hide it from the world
It’s amazing
How much people can hide
You cannot look inside
A persons mind
And discover all their secrets
They are secrets after all
There are struggles
A person might be going through
Because a lot of us are struggling
Some worse than others
A persons mind can be a battlefield
And no one would know
No one knows

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry if it isn’t the best.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

😊

message 40: by Gem (new)

Gem Wow, your poetry is fantastic! It’s way better than anything I could ever do. :)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you everyone!

message 42: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylaaaaa_) Cat, working on writing some constructive feedback for you right now!

message 43: by Gem (new)

Gem Thanks! I can’t wait!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

There was a world of magic. Cities full of people with powers. Everyone was happy. The demons and monsters were banished and they lived in peace. But in the city there was a child who didn’t believe this to be true.
“The monsters aren’t gone.” The young Amabel Gray claimed.
“Ama, you always say that, in the past hundred years no ones seen a monster.” Kane Everly, her best friend, sighed.
Amabel swung her sword, striking down her nonexistent opponent.
“Very good, Gray,” her teacher, Ailsa Acian, said.
“Kane, you should train harder, one day we’ll have to fight!” Amabel advised.
“Whatever,” Kane sighed and swung his sword poorly. Amabel laughed.
“Here, like this,” Ama showed him how to swing his sword. He tried, but failed once more.
After practicing for a little while longer Salin yelled, “Class over, great job some of you,” she eyed Amabel who beamed, “But some of you could use more work.” She looked directly at Kane.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I was reading stories
I’m always reading stories
I smile and laugh
The stories have molded me
Into who I am today
I read stories about people who struggle
About magic and myth
And they inspire me
To write stories
To read stories
To be brave and face my struggles
They inspire me to be me
And though I still am learning
And I’m getting better every day
Getting stronger every day
Getting smarter every day
Preparing to face life
The stories inspire me
To live my own tale
To write my own story

(I might use this poem for class so I need real feedback please!)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, sorry, can you type the whole line? I can’t find where you’re talking about

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, thanks, and I showed it to my teacher and she said she loved it!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Please
Don’t be afraid
To show your true self
Please
You deserve to be known
You deserve to be seen
As who you are
Not who you’re expected to be
Please
Show the world
You are not afraid
Please
Show me
The truth
I want
To know
The truth

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished a book
Now I’m crying
And inspired
I take a pen
In my hand
Find a notebook
Start a story
Write my own
Let the music
Fill the background
And pour out
My heart and soul
The sobs quiet
As the writing
Takes ahold
That book spoke to me
She was like me
Living in her own world
And she wrote
So I’ll write
And we wrote

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I was reading stories
I’m always reading stories
I laugh and cry
The stories have molded me
Into who I am today
The dreamer, the thinker, the reader
I am today
They live inside of me
I read stories about people who struggle
About magic and myth
And they inspire me
To write stories
To read stories
To be brave and face my own struggles
And though I still am learning
And I’m getting better every day
Getting stronger every day
Getting smarter every day
Preparing to face life
The stories inspire me
To live my own tale
To write my own

My edited poem for school, what are your favorite lines!

« previous 1