What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's book. Boy in red wellington boots who jumps in puddles & piles of leaves while out with his mother, autumn & winter. Late 80s/early 90s.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Baker | 11 comments This is a book my son is looking for. It's a children's book and was probably out in the late 1980's and early 1990's. He has few details but said it's about a boy who goes out exploring in the autumn/wintertime with his mother. He jumps in puddles and through piles of leaves and is wearing red wellington boots and possibly a yellow coat. He read it as a child and wants to buy it for his baby son but can't remember the title. Any suggestion would be very welcome! We've ruled out the Alfie and Annie Rose books and I'm now at a loss as to what it could be.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35392 comments Mod
J.A., that's a good start. Copy the genre (e.g., children's picture book or novel?) and plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. -- I added date read to the header.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Baker | 11 comments Hi I tried that but says it's too long, too many characters to fit?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35392 comments Mod
Thanks for updating the topic header/title. This will help searchers and moderators. I added a few details. Feel free to edit it.

Is this a picture book or children's novel?

Can you describe the illustration(s) - e.g., simple or detailed, realistic or cartoon-like, painted watercolors or bold graphics, bright or dark colors, black & white? Do they remind you of a similar illustrator or picture book author?