Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Vacant Visions
This topic is about Vacant Visions
Book Issues > Please delete my book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dean (new)

Dean Bryant | 5 comments Hi there,

Please could this book be deleted? This is my book and it is being published by a publisher under a different title.

Thank you

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Dean wrote: "Hi there,

Please could this book be deleted? This is my book and it is being published by a publisher under a different title.

Thank you"

Goodreads does not delete out of print books. A librarian can add a new edition for you.

message 3: by Dean (new)

Dean Bryant | 5 comments Hi Suzi, how can I go about this? I'd prefer if Vacant Visions would no longer appear on my profile.

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Dean wrote: "Hi Suzi, how can I go about this? I'd prefer if Vacant Visions would no longer appear on my profile."

If you provide the new publishing information I can add the new edition and you can set the new one as the default edition.

message 5: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Suzi wrote: "Dean wrote: "Hi there,

Thank you"

Goodreads does not delete out of print book..."

Goodreads maintains records of books that have been published. Some of these more than a century or more old.

message 6: by Justina (new)

Justina Luther (justinaluther) | 2 comments Can this book please be deleted? I am the author. All reviews are on the a second link for this book and I'm trying to setup a review page using the Goodreads Widget. The widget only wants to pull from the version without reviews, making it appear as if I do not have reviews. This is not accurate. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 7: by Suzi (last edited Sep 10, 2020 02:37PM) (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Justina wrote: "Can this book please be deleted? I am the author. All reviews are on the a second link for this book and I'm trying to setup a review page using the Goodreads Widget. The widget only wants to pull ..."

You can set the default edition to show up in searches: https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

Goodreads does not delete valid editions.

Since the books were just recently combined, the reviews have not caught up with that process. It will.

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18339 comments Justina wrote: "Can this book please be deleted? I am the author. All reviews are on the a second link for this book and I'm trying to setup a review page using the Goodreads Widget. The widget only wants to pull ..."

As we explained on the delete thread they are both valid editions and will be kept on record. Please do not post duplicate requests, especially on someone else's book thread. For issues of site functionality, please contact support.

message 9: by Justina (new)

Justina Luther (justinaluther) | 2 comments Scott wrote: "Justina wrote: "Can this book please be deleted? I am the author. All reviews are on the a second link for this book and I'm trying to setup a review page using the Goodreads Widget. The widget onl..."

Apologies. i didn't know it was a different thread. Contacting support.