What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The First Immortal
This topic is about The First Immortal
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult fiction (Sci Fi) love story where man and his family has extended lives, but his wife has to be reborn and grow up again. Wife falls in love with her husband again over the years she grows up. Told from husband's perspective. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crazynoodle123 (last edited Sep 08, 2020 10:36AM) (new) - added it

Crazynoodle123 | 3 comments Hi,

I'm searching for a novel in which a man and his family manage to extend their lives, all except for his wife. (I think this was because she didn't have the correct genetic makeup or she was ill/passed away). She either ends up getting frozen through cryogenics, or she gets cloned, but the husband has to watch her grow up again from childhood. If I remember correctly, she knows that she is intended for him while she grows up again, and they fall in love again. The story was written in English and I think it was set in the US or a similar western country. Also, there were no other supernatural or outer space/galactic elements to the story that I can remember. It was written in a more slice of life, natural style.

I read this for the first time around 2009 or 2010. I think the book may have had a mostly red cover and it was hardbound.

Thanks for the help!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Sep 08, 2020 10:25AM) (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Crazynoodle123, that's a good start. Copy more plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of book requests. -- Is this a science fiction romance?

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

Crazynoodle123 | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Crazynoodle123, that's a good start. Copy more plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read th..."

Hi Kris, thanks for the suggestion! I'll edit my request and see if anyone recognizes the book from my title. I think it must have been science fiction romance, but it wasn't very outlandish and had a more slice of life written style. Certainly no aliens and supernatural elements.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Thanks for updating the topic header/title. This will help searchers and moderators.

Crazynoodle123 | 3 comments Hi everyone,

I found the book I was looking for - The First Immortal: A Novel of the Future by James L. Halperin. It turns out that the part I remembered was near the end of the novel and the book was more adult science fiction than romance. Still, I'm happy to have found it, especially if anyone is interested in this after.

Thanks!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Glad you found your book. Here's the link - The First Immortal by James L. Halperin.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The First Immortal (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

James L. Halperin (other topics)