Making Connections discussion

Mrs. Peabody’s Party Line (1)
This topic is about Mrs. Peabody’s Party Line
ARRs COMPLETED (Post Reviews) > 5909. - Mrs. Peabody’s Party Line by Marianna Heusler

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14679 comments Mod
Mrs. Peabody’s Party Line (1) by Marianna Heusler Marianna Heusler

Title: Mrs. Peabody’s Party Line
Author: Marianna Heusler
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Formats Available: Kindle
Time Frame: 4 Weeks
Copies Available: 5

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

Mrs. Peabody’s Party Line is the first in a series of cozy mysteries, which takes place in the small town of Honeyspoon in the 1950s.

Mrs. Peabody is an older woman, living in the projects. A bit of a snoop, she is not above eavesdropping on her neighbors’ conversations using the party line, which they share. When Violet Rose Shaw, a cleaning woman, is strangled in the children’s library, Mrs. Peabody’s curiosity leads to clues and puts her life in danger.

What does a Sister Regina Rachel know, a teaching nun, who feels trapped in convent life? Or Andrew Maloney, a young boy, living with an abusive father, and an overwhelmed mother? And what about Kate Tringali, the librarian, who discovered the body? Does her mysterious past have anything to do with the murder?

One murder leads to another, as Mrs. Peabody tries to restore Honeyspoon to the quiet, peaceful town it once was.

Be one of the first 5 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review!

It would be appreciated if you could post your reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

Of course posting on any other social sites would be fantastic! Example: iTunes, Facebook, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and/or your Blog.

Formats available: Kindle

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4 weeks after you receive your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your name and email address.

message 2: by Marianna (new) - added it

Marianna Heusler (goodreadscommheusler) | 5 comments Thank you!

message 3: by JoAnne (last edited Sep 16, 2020 08:30AM) (new)

JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book) | 3 comments JoAnne McMaster
netherlandj@yahoo.com

Thanks for the opportunity!

message 4: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14679 comments Mod
JoAnne wrote: "JoAnne McMaster
netherlandj@yahoo.com

Thanks for the opportunity!"

Joanne sent in your request

message 5: by Marianna (new) - added it

Marianna Heusler (goodreadscommheusler) | 5 comments I sent a copy to JoAnnne’s email.

Thank you!

Sameer Shakya (shkzx) | 6 comments Hi... I'd love to review your book. Seems like a fun mystery. I'll be happy to write a review on multiple platforms (including my blog) but I won't be able to in Amazon since the service is not available in my country. You can send a copy here:

sameer.shakya730@gmail.com

message 7: by Marianna (new) - added it

Marianna Heusler (goodreadscommheusler) | 5 comments Hi Sameer,

Just so you know I just sent you a kindle copy, which you should be receiving soon.

Thank you for your interest in my work and I hope you enjoy the book.

Marianna

Sameer Shakya (shkzx) | 6 comments Just received it. Thank you for sharing the book. I'll start reading it today and will let you know when I'm done.

Regards,
Sameer

Sameer Shakya (shkzx) | 6 comments Hi Marianna

I finished reading your book. It was really enjoyable. I have put my review here and in B&N. I also put it in my blog.

https://zekromshk.wordpress.com/2020/...

Thank you for sharing it with me.

Jennifer | 6 comments This sounds fun! If you're still looking for reviewers, I'd love to read it.

jdarrell6604@gmail.com

message 11: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 05, 2020 07:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer | 6 comments I loved it! Thanks for the delightful read! I've reviewed it here and on Amazon, B&N, and Books-A-Million. Those sites each said it may take a few days for the review to be verified and posted, but I promise they should be there soon!

Mrs. Peabody's Party Line: A Honeyspoon Murder Mystery (Honeyspoon Murder Mysteries Book 1) Mrs. Peabody's Party Line: A Honeyspoon Murder Mystery by Marianna Heusler

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Absolutely Charming!

This was a delightful murder mystery that I read in one sitting, because I could not put it down! All of the characters were crafted with such care, each with their own quirks and foibles, and I adored them all. The mystery itself kept me guessing until the very end, and I read a lot of mysteries, so I've gotten fairly good at predicting the big reveals. This was exactly the kind of ending I love, one that I didn't see coming, but makes perfect sense once all the pieces are in place. Well, almost all of the pieces... the ending left a few hints about what might be up next for Mrs. Peabody, and I, for one, cannot wait to read it!

Many thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review. This is a book I would have found well worth paying for!

View all my reviews