Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please could I have my book cover updated

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Barrie (slbarrie) | 5 comments Hello. I have an updated version of the book cover on Amazon, is there any way that I can have the same cover on my goodreads profile? S. L. Barrie
The people on the new cover are more diverse and reflect the characters in my book. Thank you

Here is the amazon link if that's necessary

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandman-Chro...

or perhaps you need the ASIN: B086L8PC42

Sorry, I'm very new to all this and I'm not sure
Thanks for your help

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17235 comments Done.

message 3: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments S. wrote: "Hello. I have an updated version of the book cover on Amazon, is there any way that I can have the same cover on my goodreads profile? S. L. Barrie
The people on the new cover are..."

1. Goodreads standard author naming conventions are for initials to be separated by one period, with no space. You have changed your profile name incorrectly.

2. I just moved the 2nd book from the incorrect profile to the correct profile.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

3. When you change your Goodreads author profile, it creates cascading problems.

4. If you are unable to change your profile name back to the correct name, [it doesn't always work a second time] I will be happy to contact Goodreads support on your behalf to correct it for you.

Please advise.

message 4: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Barrie (slbarrie) | 5 comments Suzi wrote: "S. wrote: "Hello. I have an updated version of the book cover on Amazon, is there any way that I can have the same cover on my goodreads profile? S. L. Barrie
The people on the ne..."

I'm sorry I thought because I had an issue previously with one of my books being added straight from Amazon that if I changed my profile name on here to match the way it appears on amazon, it would stop that happening again. Is this why I now have 2 editions of my first book instead of just my cover being altered? How has altering my profile name affected my account? Can I not keep it this way, do I have to change it back to the original? I am not trying to be awkward I just don't understand how it all works. Sorry about this

message 5: by S.L. (last edited Sep 08, 2020 12:07AM) (new)

S.L. Barrie (slbarrie) | 5 comments S. wrote: "Suzi wrote: "S. wrote: "Hello. I have an updated version of the book cover on Amazon, is there any way that I can have the same cover on my goodreads profile? S. L. Barrie
The peo..."

Ok, yes now I see the issue. Since I altered my profile name I no longer have any "works" or "published books" under my profile. If I click on the name attributed to my books (my original profile name) there is a blank profile connected to them, not mine.
I have tried changing my profile name back but as you said it won't let me without librarian status. Could you please act on my behalf whichever way is necessary to rectify my mistake? My profile name needs to return to the original form S.L. Barrie S.L. Barrie (the one that is attributed to my books in the Sandman Chronicles series) I am so sorry for all this trouble, I thought I was making things easier but I really wasn't. So in order to avoid future issues with my books being incorrectly added from amazon by readers, do you suggest I beat them to the punch by adding them myself?
Thank you so much for all you help.

message 6: by Scott (last edited Sep 08, 2020 06:49AM) (new)

Scott | 17235 comments You will need to have support change your name as librarians do not have that ability.

To avoid the misplaced books in the future you should edit your name on Amazon to remove the extra space.

message 7: by Emily (last edited Sep 08, 2020 07:08AM) (new)

Emily | 13173 comments Here is how to contact Support:
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...
Once you have your name changed back, here is how to set the new edition as default that shows on your profile:
https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...
Readers are usually not adding books; Amazon is quick to import them. As Scott mentioned if you remove the space on Amazon they will import correctly. If not, it only takes a moment for us to move them for you.