Self-Published Only Club discussion

SP Authors > "The Greater Liars"

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (banjo1) | 1 comments I’ve been on both sides of the fence and agree many self-published books are better than those that squeeze through the New York and small press bottleneck. I started in fantasy with “Top Dog,” which was about the misadventures of a ruthless Wall Street tycoon who wakes up one day as a giant dog in a land of evil and good, and it takes every bit of his sly cunning to survive. It was a surprise New York Times bestseller and I continued for a time to write in that genre. And then, fatally, I got hooked on historical fiction. If you have ever tried that you know you get hooked on research as if it’s an addictive drug. In my case the category was World War II, and more specifically the attack on Pearl Harbor. Years passed and my library shelves groaned under the weight of the scores of books I worked my way through. Knowing what we did, how did we get caught by surprise? We didn’t and thereby hangs the tale. The White House and a tight circle knew the Japanese fleet had sailed for Honolulu but had to keep it secret. It took me two books to tell the story, “The Great Liars” and “The Greater Liars.” The latter came out in its ebook version over the Labor Day weekend. Both are stand alone, but if you like one I betcha you will like the other.

message 2: by Abby (new)

Abby Snodgrass | 420 comments Mod
Jerry wrote: "I’ve been on both sides of the fence and agree many self-published books are better than those that squeeze through the New York and small press bottleneck. I started in fantasy with “Top Dog,” whi..."

Thanks Jerry