What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Science Fiction with African flesh-eating disease

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Squirrel (last edited Sep 07, 2020 04:24PM) (new)

Squirrel | 7 comments The book I'm looking for is a young adult science fiction novel. It's about a boy who has recently moved to what I think was London. Simultaneously, there's a cut to a girl in a village in Africa, coming across half of a living dog's body. She touches the dog and later notices that the tips of her fingers are gone, insinuating that she caught what had eaten up the dog's body. (It's very possible that the disease did not originate in Africa, but the first case that the reader is shown is in Africa.) In London, the boy is having trouble adjusting to his new school. I remember that some of his classmates call him "Wanker" because it related to his name somehow. I believe I found this book around 2015.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33466 comments Mod
Squirrel, that's a good start. Copy more plot details (e.g., who are main charactaers?) from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of book requests.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie A. | 250 comments It's a little more recent but I'm sure this is Remade by Alex Scarrow. Also published (republished later?) as Plague Land.