Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Auctioneer
This topic is about The Auctioneer
Book Issues > Duplicate edition and wrong/missing information

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drace (new) - added it

Drace (dracenines) | 135 comments The Auctioneer by Joan Samson is being re-released as part of Valancourt's Paperbacks from Hell series of re-releases in November, and there are two entries for this particular edition. One entry has the wrong ISBN and release date, but the correct description from Amazon, while the other has the release date and ISBN right, but the description is wrong. If somebody could please merge these two together and correct the mistakes, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the page count (238 pages) is missing.

The Auctioneer (Correct book description, incorrect ISBN numbers and release date. The book edition info also specifically lists this as a Paperbacks from Hell edition, but I don't know if that's important enough to be carried over to the corrected/merged version).

The Auctioneer (Correct release date and ISBN numbers, missing publisher information/Paperbacks from Hell edition note.)

Amazon page with correct information edition.

message 2: by Drace (new) - added it

Drace (dracenines) | 135 comments Bumping the thread so it doesn't completely disappear overnight

message 3: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Knight (wandakayknight) | 1 comments I am having the same problem. I would like the old version to stop showing up as the primary. I am confused about what to do. They say to set one as the default but that doesn't seem to work. Sigh....

message 4: by Drace (new) - added it

Drace (dracenines) | 135 comments Bumping this thread one more time. Any help is greatly appreciated!

message 5: by Emily (last edited Sep 08, 2020 10:57AM) (new)

Emily | 13178 comments I am working on this.

#3 Wanda,
if you are having trouble setting the default edition you have to contact Support. Here are the directions. If you need to write to Support use the Contact Us button on the right of that page. https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

You do not need to set the default edition because you only have one edition; someone helped delete the empty records.
If you need help with anything else please start a new thread.

message 6: by Drace (new) - added it

Drace (dracenines) | 135 comments Thanks so much Emily!

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13178 comments I think the edition that is wrong was added with an ISBN for a different edition that was not yet on Goodreads.
I've edited it to match the information for that ISBN on Amazon.

I added the other information that you specified.
Next time please wait at least 24 hours before bumping a post.

message 8: by Drace (new) - added it

Drace (dracenines) | 135 comments Thanks again for all your help! And will do.