Play Book Tag discussion

Old Bones (Nora Kelly #1)
This topic is about Old Bones
September 2020: Psychological > Old Bones by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1470 comments This is a spin off of the Pendergast series by the same authors. Nora Kely is an archaeologist. She's approached by historian Clive Benton to help find the Lost Camp of the Donner party. Clive has found a journal which should lead them to the site in the Sierras along with possibly a fortune in gold. Meanwhile rookie FBI agent Corrine Swanson is investigating the theft of part of a skeleton from federal land and the murder of the man who unearthed the skeleton. Eventually the two cases end up intersecting. I like both the main characters. There was a lot of suspense especially when people start disappearing from the excavation camp. Though the lost camp is fictional a lot of the details of the Donner party were real and pretty horrifying. I look forward to continuing this series.

message 2: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 1081 comments Great review! I just started reading this one so I'm glad to see you liked it!