The Hunger Games discussion

Districts > District 12

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katniss, Gamemaker (new)

Katniss | 76 comments Mod
if you said your character was from district 1 introduce them in here. It is the day of the reaping our own version of the 74th hunger games. Have fun!

message 2: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Hi. My name's Trinity

message 3: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylaaaaa_) ((If you’re talking out of roleplay, use parenthesis! Thanks))

message 4: by Katniss, Gamemaker (new)

Katniss | 76 comments Mod
If you are confused what to do search up the hunger games on groups and look at some of the sections there

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I’m Arrow! It’s nice to meet you Trinity, I guess we’ll be in the games together.

message 6: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Walks up to arrow
Trinity shyly says, "Nice to meet you. I don't talk to people much, but I guess I'll have to."

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

“I don’t talk much either, in fact, I only have one friend. But we’ll have to spend a lot of time together so we may as well talk.”

message 8: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "What's your family history? Sorry if that seems like a personal question, but I don't get out much."

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

“Ummm,” she pauses, she doesn’t trust easily, plus, this is a tricky subject for her. “My dad is alive. Sick, but alive. My mom was beaten then hanged last year for speaking out against the government. And 7 years ago my baby brother died. My mom taught me everything she knew, I carry on her work. I don’t tell many people this but what do I have to lose.”

message 10: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Slowly breathes out. She is scared for her new friend. She doesn't know what to think or feel.
"That sounds," she pauses. "That sounds rough. My mother died when I was three and my dad doesn't like to talk about it. I was an only child and my dad is thankful that I'm alive. Even with his work in the mines, we still don't make enough, but thankfully I've always been muscular enough to have some energy."

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

“I didn’t go to school after the age of 6. That’s when my brother died. Things just got rough. My mom taught me to find food. And to fight. She taught me almost all I know. I’m the one who gets the food and trades. I’m good with weapons and I’m strong, I’ve worked my whole life. But I can’t kill. Should we make an alliance? What skills do you have? I’m sorry about your family. And I’m sorry I’m rambling, I’m just so nervous.”

message 12: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) She takes a moment and breathes. She knows that making an alliance might lead to friendship and then she wouldn't be able to kill her friend.
"I'm really accurate with knife throwing. And axes too. I can kill animals. I guess I'll join you. I also am good at survival. I'll have your back. My dad always wanted me to hunt small animals so he taught me how to throw knives and how to save the good meat."

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

That’s good, I don’t like killing animals but I have. I am strong and good with weapons in general but specifically skilled with the bow and arrow. I was taught by my parents, that’s why this is my name. I’m also fast, an excellent climber, good at camouflage, and I’m a gymnast.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

“I’m also smart, very smart. I don’t mean to brag but I am. I’m sneaky and cunning too. I’m a good problem solver, I think so at least.”

message 15: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "That's really cool! My dad didn't want me to have a bow and arrow because he wanted me to be unique. But it won't really help me here."

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

“It could, you never know.”

message 17: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I'm smart too. My dad didn't know what to do with me because I would always annoy him with what I learned in school."

message 18: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) She thinks about it for a minute.
"Yeah, but I don't plan to convert to cannibalism anytime soon. Or at all. But I don't know what the Games will hold this year."

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

“I’m good at getting food. I couldn’t imagine eating a person and I plan to make it so we don’t have to.”

message 20: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "The Gamemakers can be very creative sometimes. But when we get out there we'll see what's in store for us."

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

“Yeah, hopefully our skills can be put to use.”

message 22: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "My social skills will be, that's for sure. I'm not looking forward to interviews with Caesar at all. I can't imagine doing that for fun."

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

“Yeah, talking to strangers isn’t my strong suit. I’ll have to find something good to say for the interview.”

message 24: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I'll end up saying something stupid. Knowing me it will be about something personal. I hate this"

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

“Yeah, me too.” she sighs, “Well, I’ll try to help in anyway I can.”

message 26: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "Thanks and me too."

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

“Wha-what’ll we do if we make it until the end. I plan on out lasting the others. I don’t think I could kill other people, much less you.”

message 28: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I'll kill myself. You have your dad to watch over. My dad can mourn with you. But you have family that's sick and you need to watch over them," she trips a little over these next words. "I've never made a friend in my whole life, but if this is friendship then I'm glad I experienced it."

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

“No, I want let you kill yourself. I have an idea. How about we just help each other survive. No one kills anyone. We just go on surviving until something happens.”

message 30: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "Okay, agreed. Besides it's better this way."

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

“Okay, good, lets just hope we make it that far.”

message 32: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I think we will. Between my survival skills and hunting and your ability to fight, I think we will make it pretty far."

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

“Well, don’t get your hopes up.”

message 34: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I tried not to, but this is the only thing I can really put hope in to. If one of us wins, we could get better lives for our fathers. Think about how great it would be. On the flip side of that coin, we shouldn't be cocky about it either."

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

If one of us wins we could help the other persons father too. And if one of us wins our whole district will benefit.

message 36: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "That's what I'm saying. We would get attention and we wouldn't be last in everything we do."

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

“Yeah, we’ll have to show our skills to get gifts. Because I’m guessing we won’t be the best in the the interview.”

message 38: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "Yeah, but I doubt the Gamemakers will be paying any attention because we're last. We have to be memorable."

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

“So we will be,” she shrugged

message 40: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) She looks at Arrow, thinking about how many ways this could go wrong.
"You do realize we're lumps of coal every single year for the Games?"

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

“What do you mean?” Arrow asks. (I think goodreads deleted a word, sorry.)

message 42: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylaaaaa_) ((are you on a phone or computer? on my phone it always cuts off posts))

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

(I’m on my phone, I always am)

message 44: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) ((It's all good))
"I mean that when we go out on the chariots so people can see us for the first time, our stylists always dress the Tributes from District 12 as coal or miners."

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh, I don’t want to dress as coal or a miner, so boring.

message 46: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I know. I wonder what the stylists have planned this year."

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

“Yeah, I hope something better than the usual.”