The Hunger Games discussion

Districts > district 8

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katniss, Gamemaker (last edited Oct 07, 2020 12:04PM) (new)

Katniss | 76 comments Mod
if you said your character was from district 8 introduce them in here. It is the day of the reaping our own version of the 74th hunger games. Have fun!

message 2: by Katniss, Gamemaker (new)

you guys can start chatting

message 3: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "Hello. My name is Caleb. How are you?"

message 4: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I'm doing well. Thank you for asking. This is pretty cool, right? Being apart of the Games. I think District 8 has a chance of winning this year," he says, eagerly.

message 5: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I was born for this district. Everything here is a part of me. I just want to be able to come back home to it all."

message 6: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Caleb looks around knowing this might be one of the last times he would do it. "Sure. But you could be Careers and we aren't them. Do you have any special skills or anything?"

message 7: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Caleb sighs, "Paint. Well, I have no words for that."

message 8: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) He thinks about it for a moment. "I'm good with a sword and some rope. I have some survival skills, but it might not get me far here. I wish I didn't have to do this. I'm fourteen! I should be worrying about something else, but I can't because of the Games."

message 9: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) He looks down to the ground speaking these next words carefully, "I taught myself, in case I ever had the chance to destroy the government. Think about it. How could you send 24 kids to kill each other? It isn't fair."

message 10: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Caleb stares at her, "I don't think you get it. The Games are designed so we don't forget about the war that set us free, but what about those in the Games? We aren't free. We're just toys that the Gamemakers want to destroy."

message 11: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) Hayden wrote: "Caleb looks around knowing this might be one of the last times he would do it. "Sure. But you could be Careers and we aren't them. Do you have any special skills or anything?""

((Just in case you don't know ava, here are a couple other things:

Here are all the districts and what they are: https://www.fandango.com/movie-photos.... If you click on the arrows to the sides it will show you what each of the districts is responsible for. District 8 is textiles by the way, so your character most likely will be good with weaving, making snares and traps, and things like that.

So, each district is responsible for something. District 1 is the wealthiest (besides the capitol, where president Snow lives and he and his gamemakers are the evil ones behind the hunger games,) and District 12 is the poorest.

When Hayden said 'Careers' the first four districts, who are the wealthiest and most powerful, are considered careers. The characters from those districts have trained for the hunger games all their life, and are always looking forward to it. The rest of the districts dread the hunger games and haven't got as much practice.

Feel free to ask or pm me if you have any more questions!))

message 12: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((no problem!))

message 13: by Katniss, Gamemaker (new)

(The careers are 1,2, and, 4. They are trained their whole lives to enter the games.)

message 14: by Katniss, Gamemaker (new)

(You are welcome!)

message 15: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Caleb stares at his feet, "No, we won't win. If you were my friend, you would know I'm not negative. This is the only thing I'be been worried about in my whole life."

message 16: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((Technically district 3 could be considered career, but not really.))

message 17: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) ((We're in District 8. People from District 8 typically don't win and they don't prepare for the Games in any way. Just a reminder))
"I don't think you understand. My whole life I've been training to fight the government and here I am playing one of their games. I'm so tired of this."

message 18: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Caleb looks around him, "I just don't want this anymore. I want to live, have a normal life. Even if I win, I won't have a normal life."

message 19: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((You go back to your district and live in the Victor’s Village and you’re wealthy forever))

message 20: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((Yup!! So, basically this is the timeline of what happens in the hunger games:

First, there’s reaping day which is where two people- one boy and one girl are chosen to compete in the hunger games.

Second, the go on the train ride to the capitol where they are spoiled and get food

Third, the tributes from each district have training and interviews about the hunger games and things like that.

Fourth, they have stylists and people that give them a lot of food and clothing for interviews and starting the games.

Last, they go into the hunger games and fight to the death. In the questions topic I will explain some more things.))

message 21: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((Yeah it’s super exciting but dark lol))

message 22: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "Well, normal is whatever you want it to be, right? So this is not normal for me. Normal is being free to do what you want to do."

message 23: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Caleb looks up at her, "You don't see what I'm trying to say. I hate this government and it needs to be destroyed. Have you seen the people in District 12? Many are orphans and homeless. It's not fair that we get it easy and others get it so much worse."

message 24: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((The capitol is always watchinggggg...a spark of rebellion will be destroyed...WE ARE IN POWER. The hunger games are a reminder of that.

XDD I just had to say that. Be careful what you say, Caleb...))

message 25: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) ((I know that XD but things are slipping through the cracks..))

message 26: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Caleb sighs, "Nothing. Now that we're in the Games, they can do what they want to us."

message 27: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((Lolll

“May the odds be EVER in your favor.” ~Effie Trinket

Ava, basically that’s just the most famous quote from the hunger games. Effie Trinket, (you can look up a picture of her she’s a disgusting capitol woman imo) is the one who announces from each district which tributes will be chosen from the hunger games. She’s the one that says the quote every year))

message 28: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((They just wait until they get reaped for the hunger games))

message 29: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((Yeah lol, it’s the most famous one))

message 30: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I don't know. I really don't."

message 31: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I don't know."

message 32: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "I'm not a quiet person. I have a ton of friends but I only have one really close friend. I speak my mind and I'll give you opinions that you don't want to hear."

message 33: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) "What is that supposed to mean?" Caleb asks. He looks down at his shoes.

message 34: by Katniss, Gamemaker (new)

(Ayla district 3 is not a career, it's not even that wealthy of a district)

message 35: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) ((I know!))