A Crazy Little Thing Called YA discussion

General > Moderator Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 115 (115 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Monique (last edited Sep 07, 2020 12:42PM) (new)

Monique S. (monique1109) | 263 comments Mod
Neither, Adela,

but thank you for joining in to get the activities up.
I am in the process of making a spread sheet for calculating the points for the keyword challenge, so that it becomes easier for us this month and for later, too. I'll let you know when it's working. Does anyone of you other mods have an office suite on a computer or laptop/notebook/tablet and if so which? I normally work with Libre Office, but it can handle Micro-shit ... SORRY (-soft), too.

Did I mention that don't like Mr. Gates' companies sloppy coding? ;)

message 2: by Monique (new)

In any case, dear co-mods, since there are four of us in the challenge, shall we do it so that there is one of us each in a group?

I'd like the blue group for me, any objections? If not choose your colour, then we can randomly attribute the participants, that OK with you?

message 3: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Becca da Romance Queen (becca_da_romance_queen) | 808 comments Mod
Same here :)

message 4: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

I honestly don't know what's happening right now lol

Trisha (semi-hiatus) (booksreviewsandprocrastination) | 329 comments Mod
Monique wrote: "Neither, Adela,

I am in the process of making a spread sheet for calculating the points for the keyword challenge, so that it becomes easier ..."

I have a laptop, and usually use Libre Office/Calc or Google Docs/Sheets......Can I help you with anything? Also, Do we have a list of people who want to join to which I can add? More people have been wanting to sign up! :)

Hey, I'm free now, if anyone else is awake.....

Monique do you need any help with the teams?

message 7: by Monique (new)

Trisha wrote: "Hey, I'm free now, if anyone else is awake.....

Monique do you need any help with the teams?"

Hey Trisha,

yes, I've been awake for a while, but had some urgent business to take care of, my car is at a garage now :( but otherwise I am now free. Yes, a little help with the teams would be nice. Werer there any more yotes for participation, did you look?

message 8: by Monique (new)

P.S.
Sorry, Trisha,

I did put the names on the chain mail and also on the other chat. Sorry about the confusion.

Monique wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Hey, I'm free now, if anyone else is awake.....

Monique do you need any help with the teams?"

Hey Trisha,

yes, I've been awake for a while, but had some urgent business to take ca..."

Yeah, there are three more people, names are on the other thread

Natalie, Aimee and Lucy Tonks

Monique wrote: "P.S.
Sorry, Trisha,

I did put the names on the chain mail and also on the other chat. Sorry about the confusion."

No problem :)

message 12: by Monique (new)

Trisha wrote: "Monique wrote: "Neither, Adela,

I am in the process of making a spread sheet for calculating the points for the keyword challenge, so that it..."

I am working on the logical commands for calculating the points at the moment. Once I have finished perhaps we can split the groups between us, say two each to do the accounting?

Monique wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Monique wrote: "Neither, Adela,

I am in the process of making a spread sheet for calculating the points for the keyword challe..."

Good idea!! Two each will not be a burden, so good :)
Also, logical commands?

message 14: by Monique (last edited Sep 08, 2020 02:51AM) (new)

Yeah, there will be two y/n columns: Keyword? and Buddy?, so for calculating the points they'll need values attached to y or n, depending on how many y there are. It would have to be y for one Keyword yy for two and so on, OK? :)

I'll try to also make an algorithm for calculationg the points from the page number, so here again we need logical commands.

Monique wrote: "Yeah, there will be two y/n columns: Keyword? and Buddy?, so for calculationd the points they'll need values attached to y or n, depending on how many y there are. It would have to be y for one Key..."

......WOW......Seriously, I'm impressed.....I thought we were to enter in a spreadsheet, but this will be so much faster and easier to use!!
Also, what names are you thinking for the teams? Colours again, or something different?

message 16: by Monique (new)

I was thinking colours again, that worked well last time.

Monique wrote: "I was thinking colours again, that worked well last time."

Okay! Also, when do you think we should start the challenge......and will we be counting all books read after Sep 1, or only those started after we start the challenge?

message 18: by Monique (last edited Sep 08, 2020 03:53AM) (new)

I think we start it as of today but count the books read from 1st onwards. We'll have to attribute the groups. How many are we now?
Just create the group topics, then we'll ad the names of the participants and the rules of counting the points. I am studying Becca's system of August, but it seems a little complicated to implement, maybe I'll simplyfy it a bit for convenience in the spreadsheet. Hope that's ok?

Monique wrote: "I think we start it as of today but count the books read from 1st onwards. We'll have to attribute the groups. How many are we now?
Just create the group topics, then we'll ad the names of the part..."

There are now 24 people, so 4 groups of 6...

No problem with the simplification, how are we getting people into teams? Also, should I just create threads, or also add her message?

message 20: by Monique (new)

Wow, great I am just checking the poll again ...

message 21: by Monique (new)

We just make four topics with blue, green, red and yellow I think and then we attribute:
Blue: me
green: Becca
red: Adela
and Yellow to you? That OK?

Monique wrote: "We just make four topics with blue, green, red and yellow I think and then we attribute:
Blue: me
green: Becca
red: Adela
and Yellow to you? That OK?"

No problems :)

Ok, I made a topic where we can list all teams, and get more sign-ups, if any. Since you said you were figuring out the simplification, I didn't post the message from last month about points; let me know if those rules are the same, and I'll post them too.

message 24: by Monique (new)

Great, yes will do a little later, just got back and posted my team. Maybe you should go aheadand use the random thing for the other teams, one should be fine, as that will leave the remaining for the last team :)
I#ll come back with the rules in a bit.

Monique wrote: "Great, yes will do a little later, just got back and posted my team. Maybe you should go aheadand use the random thing for the other teams, one should be fine, as that will leave the remaining for ..."

Ok!

Hey, shouldn't we set up separate threads for chat and reviews?
I think we can convert the ones Monique made to chat ones, and set up review threads.
Also, will review rules be same as last month? If so, I'll copy and paste Becca's message on those threads to the ones for this month.

Adela ✰ wrote: "Hey! Could I please make the review topics for the teams?"

I was typing when you wrote this, so we said the same thing two times ;)

Adela ✰ wrote: "I think we should set up separate threads for chat and reviews like last month. I could help make the review topics. I'd just copy and paste what Becca said about how to format reviews."

That's why I was waiting on them, because Monique might have some simplification, so I think we should wait for a bit. If there are no changes, you should probably go ahead :)

message 29: by Monique (new)

why not just post them in the team threads that are already there?

Monique wrote: "why not just post them in the team threads that are already there?"

Then we'll have to go through quite a lot of chat to get to the reviews, so maybe separate threads are better?

message 31: by Monique (new)

OK with me. :)
Let Adela make them.

Monique wrote: "OK with me. :)
Let Adela make them."

Yeah!
Any word on the simplification? What all are you hoping to simplify? And, can I help? (I'm supposed to be studying, but I'm so bored :(

Should we broadcast a message telling everyone that teams have been posted and they can start posting reviews and stuff?
If yes, I'll do it!

message 34: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

So, I'm in charge of tallying up Team Green's points..?

Becca da wrote: "So, I'm in charge of tallying up Team Green's points..?"

If you want to? Or maybe we could do any team depending on when we're free? It was going to be me and Monique with two groups each to handle points.......but I don't know? What does everyone else think?

message 36: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

ohhh I thought that that message I got was for me being in charge of Team Green or something, but I think it was saying I was on Team Green

Becca da wrote: "ohhh I thought that that message I got was for me being in charge of Team Green or something, but I think it was saying I was on Team Green"

Yeah, we decided that since there were four mods participating and four teams, each mod would be on a different team :)

message 38: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Okay!

message 39: by Monique (new)

Becca, I am making spreadsheets into which you just put the name of the participant, the title of the book and y/n for Keyword? and Buddy? plus the review link and the numer of pages. I am in the process of linking the fields with logical commands to calculate and add the points automaticalls for a group. If you have a PC or laptop/notebook/tablet with an office suite you can have copies for future uses. :)
Monique xx

message 40: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Okay :)

Monique wrote: "Becca, I am making spreadsheets into which you just put the name of the participant, the title of the book and y/n for Keyword? and Buddy? plus the review link and the numer of pages. I am in the p..."

How are you getting along? I hope we can start recording reviews as soon as possible!
I'm signing off for the night. See you all tomorrow!

message 42: by Monique (new)

I'll be up a little longer :) see you tomorrow morning.

Monique wrote: "I'll be up a little longer :) see you tomorrow morning."

Good morning from me!! Just to confirm because someone asked me, keywords have to be in the title right? And are we making any changes to the rules and points system? If not, I'll copy and paste that message from last month's challenge.

One more to the teams, Aria......where should I add her?

message 45: by Monique (new)

In't she in team green anyway? I think I remember the name from writing the list.

Monique wrote: "In't she in team green anyway? I think I remember the name from writing the list."

No, there are two Arias, one in team green, and another one that wanted to sign-up today..... I was confused too, then I went and checked the profiles...

message 47: by Monique (new)

Oh, anyway, Good morning Trisha may be we ask her which one she'd like?

message 48: by Monique (new)

Do you keep track of the sign ins, Trisha? I have only two in the blue group so far, so I might need another member.

Monique wrote: "Do you keep track of the sign ins, Trisha? I have only two in the blue group so far, so I might need another member."

I think we could assign her to your team? I'll check the sign-ins again..

Trisha wrote: "Monique wrote: "Do you keep track of the sign ins, Trisha? I have only two in the blue group so far, so I might need another member."

I think we could assign her to your team? I'll check the sign-..."

Yours has the least number of sign-ins right now, so I think we'll assign her to Team Blue?

« previous 1 3