Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 76K New Adult, Coming-of-Age / Romance

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra McLaughlin | 8 comments Hi!

I am seeking a beta reader for my New Adult, coming of age novel. This book is primarily about character development. The main character Daisy (23) is broken up with by her boyfriend, who she has been dating since the eighth grade. She finds herself struggling to find an identity without him and tries to improve herself to win him back.

I am mainly looking for suggestions about the main character - Does she need to start developing earlier?

I am also toying with an alternate ending but I would like to have an idea of how this one fits the book first.

If you are interested in reading this, please comment below or message me! I am also interested in beta reading so let me know if you would like to do a swap! I have mobi, epub and pdf versions of the book.

The more formal blurb is below. Thank you for being my advanced readers!

Daisy had been coddled. She had never realized it, but now that her boyfriend of nine years had broken up with her, it had become glaringly obvious. He cooked, he cleaned, he paid the bills, he was everything she had ever wanted, and she needed him back. That's why she had a plan.In ninety days, her now ex-boyfriend had promised they could meet up to begin the friendship process. Little did he know, there would be no friendship. She had ninety days to make him love her, and this was how she was going to do it.

Get Fit
Learn to Cook
Get a Job
Make Her Own Friends
Get a New Style
Win Dean Back!

It started off as a plan to win back her boyfriend, but Daisy slowly starts to realize maybe it was a plan to get over him.

message 2: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelbay9) | 34 comments Hello!! I messaged you. :)

Shelby

message 3: by Alan (new)

Alan Pinck | 34 comments You have not indicated how quickly you need turn-around on this. Your story falls within the range of MSs I've been beta'ing lately and I would be interested but I have committed to two betas over the next week; if a two week turn-around works for you, email me a copy (of the choices you offered .epub would work best).
alanpinck@gmail.com
P.S. if I don't hear from you within the next day or so, I will not hold a slot.

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra McLaughlin | 8 comments Alan wrote: "You have not indicated how quickly you need turn-around on this. Your story falls within the range of MSs I've been beta'ing lately and I would be interested but I have committed to two betas over ..."

Sent an email!