What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Fiction Romance, Read about 7 years ago, about a couple that got married as children, wife was raised with the husband's family as he went off to war! He ignores her until she is older.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 4 comments Hello,

Thank you for your help!
I am not sure but SPOILERS maybe ahead??
I am looking for a book about two children, I think the boy was a teen and the girl about 5, it is a historical romance and I think the husband is a soldier or a knight, the wife lives with his family, I think she is an orphaned and she is close to his sister, he ignores her when they do see each other every few years until she is 18 or so and his mother tells him it is time for them to start living as husband and wife.

I think it is a newish book, the wedding was at night, i think they had to wake the little girl to get married or her father might have married them it was to protect her from some one.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 3 comments This vaguely sounds like When the Duke Returns by Eloisa James.

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 4 comments Thank you Sharon but this is not the book

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Tiffany, what is the story's time period and location?

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 4 comments Hello Kris, I am thinking either medieval or 1800’s so wide and it is in Uk I believe. I think there was a part where the groom has to hold the little girl/wife and I recall him visiting when she was a child and not having any real interaction with her being a teen but she knew he was her husband

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 4 comments Thank you Ramesh this is not the book