The Midnight Readers discussion

✧ Bookish > Poetry

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janae (new)

Janae King | 2 comments I like to read poetry but I don’t know what book to read. Give me some recommendations?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't read poetry much but I do write poems on my blog :)

message 3: by Juuso (new)

Juuso | 189 comments Amodini wrote: "I don't read poetry much but I do write poems on my blog :)"

Sounds cool! What is you blog, i might check it?!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I also love poetry. I want to get into it more :)

I like the book Out of The Dust which is told in verse, but It's a novel.

message 5: by Juuso (new)

Juuso | 189 comments Also do you like verse novels (not sure if that is the right word)? If you do i really recommend Sarah Crossan

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany  | 551 comments (You're really close! Novels in verse is the right phrase.) I've always wanted to read more novels in verse. I'll have to check Sarah Crossan out.

I read poetry sometimes, but mostly anthologies of classic poems. My favorite is Songs for the Open Road, edited by The American Poetry and Literacy Institute.

message 7: by Juuso (new)

Juuso | 189 comments Tiffany wrote: "(You're really close! Novels in verse is the right phrase.) I've always wanted to read more novels in verse. I'll have to check Sarah Crossan out.

I read poetry sometimes, but mostly anthologies ..."

Thanks for correcting (i used google translate hahaah)

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) Check out:
Nikita Gill (she is amazing)
Atticus

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Juuso wrote: "Amodini wrote: "I don't read poetry much but I do write poems on my blog :)"

Sounds cool! What is you blog, i might check it?!"

My blog is https://amodinismusings.home.blog/. Let me know if you like it :)

message 10: by lemon (new)

lemon ((you can call this a funeral)) (makevocaloidgreatagain) -The Poet X
-Clap When You Land
-Other Words for Home

message 11: by Rheanna (new)

Rheanna (goodreadscomuser_rheanna) For novels in verse I recommend the Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo, I’ve heard that Clap When You Land by the same author is good as well.

message 12: by Lacey, Bookish Human (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 2985 comments I have a few! I love all of these! (Some have already been said)

-The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
-Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
-Other Words for Home by Jasmine Warga
-Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
-One by Sarah Crossan
-Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
-Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai
-Unbound by Ann E. Burg
-SHOUT by Laurie Halse Anderson
-Forget Me Not by Ellie Terry

message 13: by shea (new)

shea Some of those are in my TBR!

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Finsterbush | 9 comments Poem Collections:
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace
- A Beautiful Composition of Broken by r.h. Sin
- Pathetic but Poetic (Or it might be Poetic but Pathetic) by Bryan Hammond I believe his name is

Verse Novels:
Anything by Ellen Hopkins. She's the first author I read where the writing was in verse, and honestly it was top tier. I started with Impulse, and I will tell you, I believe that is one of her best books, honestly perfection.

message 15: by Lacey, Bookish Human (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 2985 comments The Women Are Some Kind of Magic collection by Amanda Lovelace! I've only read the first two but they are so, so good. I love all the messages about feminism, abuse, self-love, rape, and more. They aren't for everybody because of the formatting but if you look past that you'll enjoy it more.

I could scream about them for hours.

message 16: by Willow Anne (new)

Willow Anne | 927 comments Two novels in verse ive read and liked are Blue Birds, and Inside Out & Back Again (which was already mentioned but i really enjoyed it). Also Rose Under Fire isnt a poetry book, but it has quite a few really beautiful poems in it❤️

message 17: by Maryam (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 219 comments I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (poem)
by Maya Angelou

message 18: by Poet (new)

Poet  (bookish-nerd) | 6823 comments I write poetry and I read poetry. Sometimes I speak in poetry, which is creepy for my family, or so they say... I would definitely recommend the Women Are Some Kind Of Magic series by Amanda Lovelace, I think someone recommended in this topic already. Yes, that series is AMAZING. If you like that one, another great poetry collection is Swimming Lessons by Lili Reinhart:)