Play Book Tag discussion

The Art of Racing in the Rain
This topic is about The Art of Racing in the Rain
September 2020: Other Books > (Poll Ballet) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 110 comments 4 Stars

The narrator of the story is Enzo, a dog, who tells the story of his life and the life of his owner Denny. Enzo relates the events of Denny's life, good and bad, as seen through his eyes. He tells of his meeting Denny and how they would spend their time. Watching races, with Denny explaining the moves to Enzo. he recalls Eve entering their life and his reaction to it. Enzo was there for Zoe's birth and was charged by Eve to always protect her. Enzo Knew Eve was sick before anyone else. Enzo recalls the events of the tragedy and the aftermath with Eve's parents, the twins. as Enzo calls them. I love Enzo, more people should have his caring and understanding. I loathed Eve's parents, they were awful people. Enzo being a dog and narrating the story, you know how it will end for him. Sniff sniff

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5675 comments I really loved this book. I think my husband even had a few tears in his eyes. The sexual allegation takes on more meaning now than it did the first time I read the book.

I'm about to read a racing book in which Enzo is the name of the star driver.

message 3: by Robin P (last edited Sep 15, 2020 02:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin P | 1919 comments I think you could count this for the Psychological tag. No one said the psychology has to be human. Also, Denny goes through some intense psychological stress. I liked some things about this book but also found it emotionally manipulative, as if the writer had stock in Kleenex. At one point, everything was so bleak that I had to look ahead to make sure it turned around.