Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading September 7?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2052 comments Mod
Happy September!

This week I'm reading Sawyer by JJ Harper and Let's Connect by Kelly Jensen.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 992 comments I've got The Lady Travelers Guide to Deception with an Unlikely Earl. Those old ladies are still a hoot!

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1229 comments I'm currently reading Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door by Lucy Score. It was slow in the beginning but I'm liking it.

I'm currently listening to Pestilence again in preparation for Famine by Laura Thalassa. Hopefully the release date doesn't get pushed pack again. :-)

Aly is so frigging bored | 851 comments Mod
I'm on book 7 of the beyond series and I have given up on reading new stuff. I am embracing my rereads :))

Aly is so frigging bored | 851 comments Mod
Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm currently listening to Pestilence again in preparation for Famine by Laura Thalassa. Hopefully the release date doesn't get pushed pack again. :-)"

I couldn't get into book 1, but I found the whole premise intriguing... Is book 2 really similar to 1?

message 6: by Stacey is Sassy (last edited Sep 08, 2020 03:01PM) (new)

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1229 comments Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm currently listening to Pestilence again in preparation for Famine by Laura Thalassa. Hopefully the release date doesn't get pushed pack again. :-)"

I couldn't get into ..."

War is very different from Pestilence (Pestilence is very inexperienced and War is very experienced, sexually) but still the same in the respect of the hero being single-minded in his focus to annihilate the world. I find it fascinating seeing the heroes learn to feel. Their first instincts are to follow through on their mission but their damn feelings keep getting involved.

It's a very weird time to be reading about the world being wiped out because of our greed and ignorance.