Book of The Month discussion

2020 > General 2020 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (thehispanicbookworm) | 304 comments General discussion thread

♥ Sandi ❣	 | 59 comments Who got what book?

I got Anxious People for my pick, then also got two add ons - Winter Counts and Luster. None of which I will probably get this month...sigh!

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex | 8 comments I picked Anxious People and a secondary pick of The Silent Patient (as I didn’t get to pick it when it was available as a botm). Looking forward to getting my box and begging it to come sooner, as I’m running out of things to read already

message 4: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 76 comments I selected Caste with a secondary pick of The Vanishing Half. I'm excited for both.

Though, as last month's add on I chose Maybe You Should Talk To Someone and I've got to finish it before I can start another. I'm loving it so far.

message 5: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 76 comments Kay wrote: "I picked Anxious People and a secondary pick of The Silent Patient (as I didn’t get to pick it when it was available as a botm). Looking forward to getting my box and begging it to come sooner, as ..."

Let me (us) know how Anxious People is, I keep hearing great things and will probably add it to next month's box.

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy (pacurn80) | 24 comments I got Anxious People.

message 7: by Kristina (new)

Kristina I got Transcendent Kingdom and added on Piranesi. I was going to get Anxious People as well but then decided not to since I already own another book by Backman that I want to read first.

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 16 comments I chose Winter Counts and added on Anxious People and The Death of Vivek Oji. I'm still waiting on my books to arrive so hopefully soon. I am currently reading A Good Marriage.

message 9: by Judy (new)

Judy (pacurn80) | 24 comments The Vanishing Half is a wonderful book!!!

message 10: by Sheri (last edited Sep 11, 2020 01:16PM) (new)

Sheri Lisker | 21 comments I just joined. I got Trascendent Kingdom, which I am really looking forward to reading - it was actually incentive for me to join the club. I love Gyaasi's book Homegoing , even though it was a brutal read at times. I also got Writers and Lovers because I loved Lily King's Euphoria.

message 11: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Lisker | 21 comments I'm also interested in Caste and Anxious People. I thought there were some good choices. Do the books take long to arrive?

message 12: by ♥ Sandi ❣ (new)

♥ Sandi ❣	 | 59 comments I usually get my box within a week from selecting my books. However I think that may depend on where you live - the further away from the distribution spot - which for me is Hanover Pa - the longer it would take.

message 13: by Martha (new)

Martha Crone (mwec) | 6 comments I got Winter Counts

message 14: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Lisker | 21 comments Just got my books today - 8 business days after I ordered. Weather might have played a part in the delay unless my books just wanted to see the sights before they got to me. Even though I'm reading three other books, I dug in to Transcendent Kingdom right away.
Is it crazy that I am looking forward to seeing the October choices?

message 15: by Alex (new)

Alex | 8 comments Still waiting on my books to arrive, and I shipped them on the first 😭 hurry up, dang it! I got nothing to read!

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 16 comments Kay wrote: "Still waiting on my books to arrive, and I shipped them on the first 😭 hurry up, dang it! I got nothing to read!"

I'm still waiting on mine too 😕

message 17: by Lynette (new)

Lynette Allen (chickadee4274) | 2 comments Hello. I just joined today and ordered Anxious People. Currently reading Wicked. I'm mostly a horror fan and subscribe to several boxes (Creepy Crate, Night Worms and I order from thrift books on a regular basis). I would like to branch out though and read other genres but cant seem to do it on my own. I keep going back to the creepy crawly nasty things that go bump in the night. Sooooo.... hopefully I will make some new friends and can get some suggestions and good books by being in your group!!!!

message 18: by Alex (new)

Alex | 8 comments @lynette

I’m also a big fan of the horror/psychological thriller genre! What I do to force myself to branch out is I let myself get one add-on with each box, and it has to be unrelated to horror/thriller. It’s helped me branch out quite a lot with other genres! If it’s not doable, try to make every other box a different genre from what you’d normally pick up.

message 19: by Lynette (new)

Lynette Allen (chickadee4274) | 2 comments Thanks Kay!!!

Caitlin 🐈 (k8ln14) | 31 comments I have Winter Counts and my boyfriend picked up Silent Patient and Transcendent Kingdom. I’m excited to dig into these soon! School just had to start and throw my reading schedule off, haha

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 16 comments All of the picks this month looked really good to me, so I ended up with 3. Transcendent Kingdom, Caste, and Winter Counts. Winter Counts is a more out of the box pick for me as I don't read many thrillers or mysteries. I figured this would be a good opportunity to stretch myself. Didn't get to this pick in September but I finished Transcendent Kingdom and I'm halfway through Caste. I'm loving them both!