Book of The Month discussion

Anxious People
This topic is about Anxious People
2020 > Anxious People *Discussion may contain Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa (thehispanicbookworm) | 310 comments September 2020 BOTM

♥ Sandi ❣	This is one of the books I got in my September box. I have heard that it starts well and then fizzles out. Probably will not get to this one this month.

Alex | 8 comments I forgot to update, I finished Anxious People in 3 days, and absolutely adored it. I didn’t expect it to be as emotionally tumultuous as it was. It made me laugh and cry several times

Kathleen (doodlesrus) | 5 comments ♥ Sandi ❣ wrote: "This is one of the books I got in my September box. I have heard that it starts well and then fizzles out. Probably will not get to this one this month."

I found it to be just the opposite. It was one of my Sept. picks and I hurried to read it because of the buzz it was getting on social media. It's definitely a challenge in the beginning but once all the pieces come together, it's well worth it. Thought provoking, entertaining and serious all at once.

Judy (pacurn80) | 24 comments Anxious People is one of the best books I’ve read all year. It made me laugh out loud then feel sad also!!!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Shannon (shantastic_reads) | 5 comments One of my favorite books of the year also. Hilarious, heart-warming, witty, poignant.

♥ Sandi ❣	My favorite is still "Ove" by Backman.

This is another okay book from Backman. Personally I felt that there were too many characters in this book. In the end there were only about 4 characters that mattered - they began the book and then ended the book. The 85% of the book in between told the story of 8 other characters that were just filler. Yes pleasant story - in an odd way - but not much to my liking.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Anxious People (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Fredrik Backman (other topics)