Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Adding New Books > Please add 'Pattaya Youtuber: And other true stories from Thailand

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Walt (new)

Walt Gleeson | 5 comments Title Pattaya Youtuber: And other true stories from Thailand
* Author(s) name(s) Walt Gleeson
* ISBN (or ASIN) 979-8683240257
* Publisher Independently published
* Publication date September 6, 2020
* Format: Paperback and Ebook
* Description: Thailand is known as the ‘Land of Smiles’, but beyond the smiles there is a darker side to the kingdom. These seven true stories show that drugs, deceit, scams and sordid ping pong shows have become an undeniable and accepted part of the most popular tourist destinations in Thailand, namely Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket. Caught on Camera and Pattaya Youtuber are two gripping modern stories that show the old saying ‘what happens in Thialand, stays in Thailand’ no longer holds true. Visitors to Thailand beware!

* Page count: 196
* Link to book page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HGTJKVQ/...

message 2: by Elvenn (new)

Elvenn | 2713 comments Added! -> https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5... I also added the kindle edition.

message 3: by Walt (new)

Walt Gleeson | 5 comments Elvenn wrote: "Added! -> https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5... I also added the kindle edition."

Thank you so much : )

message 4: by Walt (new)

Walt Gleeson | 5 comments Hi Elvenn,
I'm sorry to bother you, but could you have a look at this again?
My book has been added, it is showing up on goodreads, on listopia, and it is connected to my other book 'Lost in Yaba', but something is not right.
For example, when I type the title of my book, plus my name, plus goodreads into google, the goodreads page for the book doesn't show up. Instead, this page with our messages shows. I know the book is not popular or anything, but that doesn't seem right.

Also, in the top right hand of the book's page, there should be a 'Readers also enjoyed' section, but it's not there, even though I know several people have read the book and other similar books.
Again, I know very few people have read and rated the book, but with my last book this section appeared after only a few readers read and rated it.

Lastly, the book has been shelved as 'Thailand' several times but it doesn't appear in the Thailand books section. I noticed this a few days ago and have waited for it to appear but it hasn't.

Could there perhaps be a problem with the settings of the book profile? Maybe it's set as private or something?
I don't know anything about these things, but if you could be kind enough to double check it, I would be really grateful.
Thanks,
Walt.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42507 comments Mod
Walt wrote: "For example, when I type the title of my book, plus my name, plus goodreads into google, the goodreads page for the book doesn't show up. Instead, this page with our messages shows."

That is under Google's control, not that of Goodreads.

Walt wrote: "Also, in the top right hand of the book's page"

This and the next few comments are all about site functionality. Goodreads Librarians are not employees of Goodreads, but volunteers. They cannot assist you with issues of site functionality. Please either check out Goodreads Help (with its FAQ), or you may wish to use the Contact Us page.

Walt wrote: "Could there perhaps be a problem with the settings of the book profile? Maybe it's set as private or something?"

There is no such setting. However, it can take a few days for the site's various caches to update. Again, this is an issue of site functionality. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.