Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > I tried uploading a book cover on a book I've added to Goodreads and it didn't upload.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dark Owl (new)

Dark Owl Publishing (darkowlpublishing) | 7 comments Hello Librarians! I'm a publishing company and I am adding the books I'm publishing to Goodreads. For some reason I'm having trouble uploading covers. Even though I selected and uploaded the cover for the below linked book, it isn't there.

I also need to add some more text to the description of the book. But getting the cover fixed is more important.

Thank you for your help!

~ Andrea Thomas

The Keeper of Tales

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Dark Owl wrote: "Hello Librarians! I'm a publishing company and I am adding the books I'm publishing to Goodreads. For some reason I'm having trouble uploading covers. Even though I selected and uploaded the cover ..."

I found the cover on your web site. Please provide links for future requests.

If you will supply the description changes, someone can correct it for you.

message 3: by Suzi (last edited Sep 07, 2020 05:39AM) (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Dark Owl wrote: "Hello Librarians! I'm a publishing company and I am adding the books I'm publishing to Goodreads. For some reason I'm having trouble uploading covers. Even though I selected and uploaded the cover ..."

Can you provide the ISBN for: A Celebration of Story Telling?
It looks like you are putting the ISBN13 number in the ISBN10 field for some of your books.

If you get an error when adding anything to a record, please ask for help in this forum.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

Also need the ISBN for A Dark Walk Forward:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 4: by Dark Owl (new)

Dark Owl Publishing (darkowlpublishing) | 7 comments That's odd, because it's coming up on my screen as the ISBN 13 number first.

The ISBN for Celebration is 978-1-951716-16-5.

The ISBN for Dark Walk is 978-1-951716-14-1.

I am also publishing The Last Star Warden: Adventures and Mystery from Frontier Space, Volume I. The ISBN for that one, just in case, is 978-1-951716-17-2.

I also thought that I would have text to add for The Keeper of Tales, but for some reason the text is now showing up. I might just be having problems with my computer.

Thank you very much for your help!

~ Andrea

message 5: by Emily (last edited Sep 07, 2020 01:51PM) (new)

Emily | 13173 comments Dark Owl wrote: "That's odd, because it's coming up on my screen as the ISBN 13 number first..."

Someone removed the truncated ISBN13 from the ISBN10 slot and put the correct number in the ISBN13 slot.
The spot to upload the cover is in the top right of the edit page, but unless it is the wrong file type I'm not sure what the issue on that would be.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17235 comments A lot of websites are using "webp" or "webm" format images which won't work so maybe that was the case here. They need to be converted to JPG or another acceptable format.

message 7: by Dark Owl (new)

Dark Owl Publishing (darkowlpublishing) | 7 comments I am using PNG formats. They have uploaded for my other books, but for some reason didn't for these two. Who knows... computers seem to have minds of their own sometimes!

Scott wrote: "A lot of websites are using "webp" or "webm" format images which won't work so maybe that was the case here. They need to be converted to JPG or another acceptable format."

message 8: by Dark Owl (new)

Dark Owl Publishing (darkowlpublishing) | 7 comments I agree, Emily. I'm not sure what it could be either.

Emily wrote: "Dark Owl wrote: "That's odd, because it's coming up on my screen as the ISBN 13 number first..."

Someone removed the truncated ISBN13 from the ISBN10 slot and put the correct number in the ISBN13 ..."