Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > My book is tied to the wrong author

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ewhitworth) | 3 comments I added my book to Goodreads, but it got tied to a different author with the same name. How can I get it tied to my author profile instead? My name is Elizabeth Whitworth. The book I just added is *Visioneer Your Future*. The other book on my profile is *Building Evidence-based Beliefs*. Thank you!

message 2: by Suzi (last edited Sep 06, 2020 10:31PM) (new)

Suzi | 8668 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I added my book to Goodreads, but it got tied to a different author with the same name. How can I get it tied to my author profile instead? My name is Elizabeth Whitworth. The book I just added is ..."

done

Goodreads differentiates between authors of the same name with extra spaces before the last name. Your author profile is Elizabeth^^Whitforth, where the ^ equals a space.

When you add a book manually, if you use 2 spaces, it will automatically go to your profile. If the work is automatically imported from Amazon or some other source, it goes to the "default" profile with one space.

You can ask in this group to move it, as you did here. When asking for assistance, it is helpful to mention that your profile has 2 spaces.

It is also VERY helpful to provide a link to the book in question.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ewhitworth) | 3 comments Suzi wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I added my book to Goodreads, but it got tied to a different author with the same name. How can I get it tied to my author profile instead? My name is Elizabeth Whitworth. The boo..."

Thanks so much, Suzi! Very helpful!

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43496 comments Mod
For future reference, the Adding New Books folder is for requesting the addition of books that don't yet exist on Goodreads. Moved to Book Issues.