Alpha Betas discussion

Need Beta Reader for first few chapters

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tristen (last edited Sep 07, 2020 05:08PM) (new)

Tristen Rogers | 2 comments Synopsis: Omens of war are brewing in the sky. The Avalin empire stands on the brink of war as a Rebel Army allies with Pirates to help bring the empire to its knees. Lord Joseph Stormwell is given an impossible task: find out what the rebels are planning and stop it before bloodshed can have a chance to begin. With a fiercely loyal crew and a newly rescued enemy soldier, Joseph works to uncover the mysterious plan of the Rebel army and stop them before they plunge the empire into darkness.

I just need Beta readers l to see if anyone can catch any potential problems, and if the story is gripping and the pacing/plot/characters/etc. are in need of fixing. I will be sending the first several chapters and can send more afterwards if you so desire. Thank you for your consideration.

Novel is Steampunk/Fantasy based, I hope you enjoy the ride.

message 2: by Rod (new)

Rod Raglin | 12 comments Hi, Tristen,

I'll read your work in exchange for a review of one of my books. I'm a facilitator of Creative Writing Workshops and the author of eleven self-published novels. I give constructive and specific criticism on everything from characterization to plot development. Contact me at rod_raglin@yahoo.com and we can work out the details.

message 3: by Industry (new)

Industry | 3 comments Tristen wrote: "Synopsis: Omens of war are brewing in the sky. The Avalin empire stands on the brink of war as a Rebel Army allies with Pirates to help bring the empire to its knees. Lord Joseph Stormwell is given..."

If you still need beta readers, I would be willing but could you tell me the word/page count? Did I miss it?

message 4: by Tristen (last edited Sep 21, 2020 09:17AM) (new)

Tristen Rogers | 2 comments Word Count is 6k, you did not miss anything! Feel free to message me.

message 5: by Industry (new)

Industry | 3 comments Tristen wrote: "Word Count is 6k, you did not miss anything! Feel free to message me."

Okay, I'd like to read it. I'm beta reading another book now but so is there a certain deadline you need? Also, feel free to send it to me at danienarchrecords@gmail.com